The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is a private not-for-profit corporation that will be the regulatory authority responsible for licensing of Ontario’s new home builders and vendors. HCRA intends to foster improved home quality and homebuyer confidence in the home building industry
through modernized licensing standards, education and compliance, providing increased consumer protection through enhanced regulatory measures. To learn more about HCRA please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
Senior Stakeholder Relations & Communications Specialist
HCRA is seeking a pro-active and strategic professional who thrives in a fast-paced, high-profile environment to fill the role of Senior Stakeholder Relations & Communications Specialist. Reporting to the Director, Consumer & Industry Relations, you will:
- develop and implement consumer and public education communications and awareness material to support HCRA in advancing its regulatory mandate under the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017;
- plan and coordinate issues management and media relations activities ensuring that the strategic goals meet the needs of the organization;
- provide analysis and briefings on contentious industry, consumer and public opinion issues and trends that may have service, legal or political implications for the organization;
- support the planning and implementation of outreach and stakeholder engagement initiatives,
events, meetings and consultations developing presentations, materials and planning logistics;
- develop communications and stakeholder relations tools and standards; and
- evaluate the effectiveness of communications, marketing and stakeholder relations strategies and initiatives to recommend and support continuous improvement
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a postsecondary degree or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent; Certificate in Public Relations or Media Communications, an asset.
- A minimum four years of progressively responsible experience in stakeholder relations, communications or a related area.
- Wide-ranging experience in stakeholder management and public relations, to understand and align stakeholder expectations.
- Significant experience in education of consumers in a regulated industry to advance consumer protection awareness and provide advice on the development of program material for public use.
- Strong issues management aptitude with ability to multitask, meet deadlines and provide detailed and reliable analysis on contentious consumer issues and public opinion trends.
- Well-developed strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills to assess complex issues with service, legal or political implications.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing/public education methodologies, trends and leading practices.
- Effective facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities to develop and build consensus among senior management on proposed communications and outreach strategies.
- Knowledge of legislative/regulatory and policy frameworks is an asset.
- Familiarity with the key issues affecting the home building and construction sector including political direction, consumer and industry concerns, emerging industry trends and the communications environment is an asset.