Program: Help Lines
Number of Positions: 1
About the Position:
The Program Officer (PO) supports the Help Lines service, which utilizes volunteers to provide emotional support and referral information to telephone callers. The Program Officer works closely with the Program Coordinator to develop and maintain the Help Lines services. The Program Officer provides administrative support and serves as a liaison between volunteers and the Program Coordinator to ensure the effective and efficient operation of Help Lines.
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements effective strategies to recruit volunteers with appropriate skills
• Assists Program Coordinator with volunteer screening and training
• Assists in the development of volunteer training materials
• Assists with ongoing support, coaching, and recognition of volunteers
• Assists with facilitating meetings that support the ongoing development of volunteers
• Maintains adequate volunteer records, including application, emergency contact information, volunteer hours, record of training, and other pertinent documents
• Participates in community events and internal and external meetings approved by Program Coordinator
• Performs program promotion and marketing activities
• Outreaches to local community organizations (e.g. public libraries, community recreation and seniors centers, government institution, schools, food banks, cultural and faith-based institutions, and other local community and social networks) to conduct program promotion and recruit new clients
• Creates reports and compiles statistics
• Participates in staff meetings and trainings
• Assists and participates in Agency events
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by Program Coordinator
Qualifications & Experience:
Job Skills & Abilities:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!