“Having a job has given me more independence, boosted my confidence. I have more financial freedom and working has helped me achieve my dreams.” Job seeker in Employment Services
In your experience supporting people with disabilities, you see the people you support like family. That closeness and sharing that develops with a loving heart, where it is not always obvious who is helping whom anymore. You are yearning for a new role where your organizational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape a workplace that overflows with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we are about creating community among the people we support, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? The Resource Manager position may be the next step in your journey.
As Manager for Supported Independent Living and Employment Services, you will join a team where the staff, families and people receiving services have a culture of supporting, celebrating, and enriching the interconnectedness of our communities. Your job is to develop person-centred care and inclusion opportunities for the people who participate in our services. You will create a workplace that supports and empowers staff to love and support these people and their families, and you will maintain administration systems to ensure effective and accountable operations.
As part of your role, you will walk alongside the people with diverse abilities, helping them with daily living skills, encouraging their growth and celebrating goals reached.
This is a full-time position available December 2020. It is ideal for experienced leaders who have worked directly with people who have diverse abilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Competitive salary: $58,499 – $63,481
• Excellent extended benefits package
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• Ongoing training and leadership professional development opportunities
• Oversee and coordinate the support for people with diverse abilities
• Support staff team working with job seekers and employers to establish inclusive vocational and volunteer opportunities
• Assist participants to foster greater independence with recreational, relational, educational, career, retirement and life skills goals
• Empower people to self-advocate for their needs
• Create a welcoming, loving space where relationships among people who live independently, staff, families, and community partners are nourished and enriched
• Facilitate external professional supports and community partnerships
• Meet all health and safety standards
• Administer budgets and report to supervisor
• Be available on-call to assist staff
• A heart to support people with diverse abilities
• Proven leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people who have diverse abilities, their families, friends, staff, community, and extended support networks
• Standard requirements (Criminal Record Check, Medical Clearance, Class 4 Driver’s License (minimum Class 5 required upon hire), Tuberculosis Screening, ICBC Driving Record, Immunization Records)
• Strong organizational and assessment skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity
• Strong computer skills, including in MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Excellent communication skills and ability to teach or train staff
• Experience working with people with disabilities
• Education background in a Social Services field preferred
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with diverse abilities
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust, and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: November 29, 2020
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!