Title: Vancouver Housing & Support Services Navigator
Hours of Work: 30 hours/week
Start Date: January 2021 (two-year contract)
Seniors Services Society of BC is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster, B.C. which provides support services for seniors in New Westminster to live independently, as well as housing navigation services across BC and outreach services for seniors in the Metro Vancouver.
Within the vision and mission statements of the Society, reporting to the Operations Manager, Vancouver Housing and Support Services Navigator will be responsible for the oversight of Non-medical Support Service Programs as well as Housing Navigation Services for the tenants of a Vancouver Housing Provider. The services are offered to the tenants (60 years and older) who live in their buildings in Vancouver, BC. This is a two-year pilot program.
• Coordinate the Non-medical Support Service Programs for the tenants (60 years and older) of their buildings. The Programs considered are Light Housekeeping, Weekly shuttle services, and Meal Delivery services. Based on the residents’ survey and feedback, the types of services may change at a later date.
• Provide Housing Navigation Services, when required, to the tenants (60 years and older) of the same buildings.
• Conduct client intakes for the services, either on-site or off-site, and liaise with the appropriate programs, which includes regular communications with the external service providers. All work is to be conducted based on current standards in place for work.
• Effectively communicate with the community members to promote the programming and services of the society.
• Manage client relations and ensure that clients receive services in a fair and consistent manner.
• Liaise with the staff driver to ensure the smooth delivery of the shuttle services for the clients.
• Regularly evaluate programs by soliciting feedback from the clients, staff members of the housing provider and external service providers.
• Ensure the client database is maintained and report statistics for the programs, as necessary.
• Conduct programs related billing in conjunction with the Financial Administrator of SSSBC.
• Maintain regular communications with SSSBC office in New Westminster, and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education with a certificate or diploma in Social Services, Social Work, Gerontology, or equivalent work experience within the not-for-profit sector.
• Minimum two years of program coordination experiences.
• Sound knowledge of community resources for older adults, ranging from housing, health, financial to recreation is a must.
•Hands-on experiences working with older adults and other vulnerable population groups are considered assets.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills while being compassionate and assertive.
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines.
• Advanced computer skills for Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR.
• Criminal Record Check with the vulnerable sector clearance.
• Class 5 BC Driver’s license with clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Certifications for the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Managing Hostile Interactions and/or Mental Health First Aid are considered assets.
This position is for 30 hours per week. Our business hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. The navigator has a flexibility to design their work week as long as the 30-hour per week requirement is met. Some evenings and weekends may be needed based on the operational requirements.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!