Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: FCF1120 – Francophone Community Facilitator
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Temporary, Full-Time
Salary Range: $42,600- $47,500 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Providing match support to a caseload for the designated Francophone community in Edmonton ensuring positive relationships occur for children, families and volunteers.
- Delivering recruitment presentations to potential volunteers from the French speaking community.
- Matching French speaking volunteers with children and providing ongoing support and monitoring to the matches.
- Oversee the work related to engaging and enrolling children and youth to be involved in an agency program.
- Providing a variety of levels of assessment for children, youth and their families to determine best program fit varying from a telephone pre-screen questionnaire to home visits.
- Delivering messages and training to children, youth and their families about program expectations, guidelines and safety.
- Providing support and monitoring to mentoring matches to ensure that children are in safe, constructive, satisfying relationships that are having a positive impact.
- Fulfilling the one to one program standards and expectations from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada and the agency to support matches.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic casework notes, statistics and other required reporting in compliance with relevant standards, policies and processes.
- Liaise with community organizations to create and maintain partnerships that address the needs of children and youth in the Francophone community through providing volunteers and mentoring programs.
- Building relationships with other service providers and resources to further assist the children, families and volunteers they support in the Francophone community.
- Following all safety and cleaning protocols set out by AHS and the agency in order to safely offer the programming.
The successful candidate will have:
- A fully bilingual background in French and English.
- University degree or college diploma in a related human service field with a focus on child and youth development and/or social work.
- 2-3 years combined experience in a role involved with children and youth programming, case management, volunteer management and partnership development.
- Experience in program development, implementation and assessment.
- Experience in an educational setting.
- Experience using virtual platforms to deliver programming is an asset.
- Demonstrate good communication skills (both written and oral) in both French and English.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision making.
- Ability to work 2-3 evenings per week.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.