Accounts Payable Clerk
Part Time Contract – 3-4 months
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for accurate and timely bookkeeping and basic accounting tasks.
• Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying HST registration numbers, scheduling and preparing checks/EFT, and resolving contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
• Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos
• Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• Maintains historical records
• Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Updating and reconciling sub-ledger to the general ledger
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Recognized University/College education in accounting, finance or other relevant discipline
• 2-3 years of bookkeeping, Accounts Payable and general accounting support
• CGA student, level 1
• Superior Excel skills (as well as Microsoft Office) and demonstrated proficiency with all modules of ACCPAC+ (Windows)
• Detailed oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume with salary expectations to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!