Job Description: The primary role of the Seniors Community Engagement Programmer is to work with the BNH Seniors team to develop innovative programs that address social isolation as a result of the pandemic. The position requires an adaptable, organized, and experienced person who is committed to building positive relationships with seniors and addressing emerging needs
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Addresses local senior needs through the development of innovative programs, including virtual programming and friendly phone calls
- With the Seniors Outreach Coordinator, recruits and works with a Seniors Leadership team that supports the identification of needs and development of programs.
- Works in the Seniors shop and drop program to recruit, train and support volunteers.
- Supports outreach to isolated seniors using a volunteer team.
- Supports Seniors as volunteers.
- Works with the Digital Literacy team to support access by seniors.
- Works with staff team to identify gaps in services and recruit volunteers to address the needs.
- Supports volunteers to develop and implement a variety of programs including fitness, social, educational and informational programming.
- Degree or diploma in recreation leadership, social service, community development or equivalent work/education experience
- Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with seniors
- Previous community development experience.
- Demonstrated experience with technology including virtual programming and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Publishers and PowerPoint).
- Current Basic First Aid certification.
- A current clear criminal record check.
- Second language (an asset).
- Food safe certificate (an asset)
Hours of Work & Rate of Pay: The Seniors Programmer will work 20 hours a week (4 – 5 hour days/week onsite, including an evening shift and possible weekends). Flexibility is required. The wage is $18.10/hr.
Accountability: The Seniors Programmer reports to and is supported by the Seniors Outreach Coordinator