Intranet & Social Media Coordinator
Temporary Full-time – Until March 31, 2021
People & Culture
Under the direction of the Manager, Communications, the Intranet and Social Media Coordinator is a key driver of Options’ digital strategy. In partnership with internal stakeholders, IT and our intranet vendor, this role will be instrumental in the development, launch and maintenance of our new intranet platform. Additionally, this function will provide technical support, guidance and maintenance of our social media strategy. This position will positively contribute to enhancement of Options’ internal and external online presence by employing engaging and current digital strategies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Coordinator - Intranet
- Partner with Options Community Services, IT and intranet vendor to coordinate and implement the launch of a new intranet platform;
- Maximize the value of our new intranet platform for strategic communications, knowledge management and collaboration, engagement with relevant news and communities;
- Develop intranet how-to-guides and provide training for Options staff;
- Troubleshoot intranet issues for content contributors;
- Monitor and respond to intranet inquires and requests; and,
- Build and analyze the digital workplace metrics including qualitative and quantitative measures. Provide insights and recommendations to Communications to help evolve strategies to improve end-user adoption and engagement to achieve Options goals.
Social Media Coordination
- In collaboration with Programs and clients, evaluates social media requirements; Provides guidance and training on communications standards to staff and consultants engaged in social media channels;
- Monitors social media channels through Options’ social media management account for content compliance with editorial guidelines and standards, usability and accessibility; recommends enhancements as appropriate;
- Assists in posting engaging content; provides a single tone and voice for Options’ social media presence;
- Provides help-desk support in account set up, troubleshooting and responding to social media channel issues;
- Liaises with technical specialists and the web team on technical and operational processes related to social media platform integration and works with same on the resolution of development and support issues; and,
- Researches, tests, assesses and recommends best practices, trends, new standards and tools related to social media, usability and accessibility; develops and recommends standards and tools; re-evaluates standards based on new developments in social media; stays current on social media trends.
Analysis and Reporting
- Assists in benchmarking, tracking, analysis and reporting on effectiveness of intranet, internet and social media campaigns;
- Monitors/tracks digital brand-related activity (intranet, internet and social media) and responds in a timely manner to ensure and maintain positive presence; and,
- Ensures the web standards developed by the Communications Department are maintained across Options’ online presence.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Completion of an educational program (certificate or diploma) in a field related to information management, communications or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 2 (+) years’ experience in intranet/internet implementation/coordination and/or working with a modern information management business solution; and,
- 2 (+) years’ experience with social media coordination, and web writing.
Job Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience in coordinating activities and managing relationships with employees, content administrators, stakeholders, IT teams and external agencies;
- Strong experience in web user experience creation, scoping and shaping online services and optimizing web content; web usability best practices and experience of copywriting for the web;
- Broad online / internet knowledge, including best practices, emerging technologies, usability, accessibility, social networking, multimedia, and blogs, with the ability to channel this knowledge into strategic and innovative advice;
- Good social media experience, on top of current trends, and active posting with standard platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube);
- Strong and engaging writing skills, demonstrated ability in creating interesting and engaging web content;
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task;
- Familiarity with content management systems, web analytics preferred; and,
- Experience in training an asset
- Experience with media / social media monitoring tools;
- Strong computer and graphic software knowledge including Adobe inDesign, Adobe Photoshop, web page editing, or equivalent computer applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of inter-disciplinary work teams, and to work within defined timelines is essential;
- Able to take initiative, but accepting of feedback and guidance; and,
- Experience working with social service.
This role is in partnership with BC Technology for Learning Society for the Youth Interns Program. Through Government of Canada program funding, youth between 15 and 30 are given the opportunity to develop expertise and skills needed to actively participate in the digital economy as they are being significantly affected by the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible Intern participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the age of 15 and 30 years old (inclusive) at the start of the internship;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada; as well as,
- Must not be in receipt of employment benefits (EI/CERB) during the internship.
This position may be stressful at times. Managing time sensitive and emergency situations in an ever-changing environment is an ongoing expectation. This position will require work outside the normal office hours.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.
Resumes will be reviewed starting November 26, 2020 but the posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice.
Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [#A21686] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the position.