- Participate in development and implementation of resident case plans
- Report to program Manager progress, changes and / or regression in the resident’s status
- Within the resident’s existing environment encourage, where applicable, positive life-style alternatives: socialization, grooming and hygiene, external social opportunities, respect for dignity of themselves and others, support resident ownership of own actions and problem solving
- Help residents develop problem solving and coping skills
- Maintain accurate records of resident stays on paper and/or computer
- Monitor basic medical care, handle out and ordering of medications, record medication on eMAR system
- Ensure that fire safety and public health standard care is maintained
- Identify severe dysfunctional behaviors i.e. substance abuse, etc. and consult program Manager
- Plan and implement a meaningful activity, held at WCOH
- Responsible for keeping the floor and resident’s room clean
- Available for other duties as assigned by Manager
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma with at least two years relevant experience; A University degree, college diploma or certificate from a recognized institution with studies in counseling or related experience is preferred
- Experience working with a diverse population, including mental health and addictions, is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment when making decisions
- To communicate effectively and efficiently in a positive manner as it relates to all levels of interaction with colleagues, residents and community
- Good computer working skills with Microsoft office and using working email for communication.
- Experience with or willing to learn program specific software such as; HIFIS and MED e-care
- A high degree of proficiency in duties as well as being able to handle and prioritize numerous tasks and evident desire for self-development, ability to follow detailed instructions
- Be sensitive and empathetic to vulnerability of resident, Self-motivated and disciplined
- Updated Criminal Police Investigation Check with vulnerable sector screening, First Aid/CPR certificate, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training, and Naloxone Training
- Updated Medical Clearance from physician with TB test within 24 months
- Hold a valid Ontario full Class G Driver’s License, a current driver’s abstract that is acceptable from a liability and risk management perspective
This is a temporary, part-time position based upon 16 hours per week. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility.
Normal hours of operation are Saturday to Sunday, 12:00 am – 8:00 am.
Normal location of work is at The Salvation Army Windsor Centre of Hope, 355 Church St., Windsor ON N9A 7G9
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.