The Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for providing full-cycle financial bookkeeping and internal controls for West Meadows Baptist Church (WMBC) and West Meadows Family & Community Services Society (WMFCSS), in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP’s).
This will include administering payroll, overseeing the donation records of WMBC in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines, and supervising a team of counting volunteers in contributions postings.
In addition, the Bookkeeper’s secondary functions will include serving as WMBC’s and WMFCSS’s liaison with our financial institutions, providing financial reports to the Board and staff, and working with church leadership to complete our annual statutory filings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accounts Receivable and Payable
• Payroll – semi-monthly payroll using payroll provider
• General Ledger – review account transactions for accuracy, post journal entries to QuickBooks, post year end journal entries
• Reconciling bank accounts and staff credit cards
• Financial Reports – generate financial reports as required for Board, Pastors, budget holders, and congregation business meetings
• Liaise with Church Leaders – financial reports as required for filing statutory returns for WMBC (T3010, GST/HST, WCB) and WMFCSS (T2, T1044 NPO, Society Annual Return)
• Volunteer Counting Team – oversee team in weekly processing of donation contributions, bank deposits, preparation of official annual donation receipts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Education: College-level bookkeeping certificate or program (or equivalent)
• Experience: minimum two-years bookkeeping experience (or equivalent); preferably in a non-profit setting. Intermediate understanding of QuickBooks Non-Profit, Excel, and Word.
• Skills/ Abilities: display a competency for detail and accuracy, meet regular deadlines, understand and report financial findings, and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Attendance at West Meadows Baptist Church Sunday morning worship services is preferred
• This is a part-position and is expected to require 20 – 30 hours per week.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and provided with a complete job description.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!