Business Systems Analyst, Information Systems– Full Time, Permanent
Are you a Systems Analyst who is looking for fulfilling work in the non-profit sector? Are you a community inspired individual with a strong focus on providing excellent service to clients?
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst who is skilled in translating business needs while delivering on client needs. This role will support the Information Systems team and will work collaboratively with internal teams to move forward organizational process improvements. You will act as a key facilitator within projects, translating system and business requirements and are able to successfully bring people together to figure solutions. You enjoy helping to facilitate solutions to current or future problems and are able to work collaboratively with others to define needs. You are an analytical and resourceful problem solver who prides themselves on your ability to provide effective and creative solutions to an organization’s needs.
The Business Systems Analyst reports to the Director, Information Systems and is highly collaborative with other peer teams.
MakeWay builds partnerships and solutions to nature and communities thrive together. Our Shared Platform is home to over 60 projects working on community-led solutions that further our mission. If our values align with yours and you want to learn, grow and develop within a supportive team that shares knowledge and cares, then we want to hear from you! Join us and make a difference.
What You’ll Do:
- Supporting the MakeWay Information Systems department with Salesforce integration tasks, data imports/exports, creation of reports, issue resolution, maintenance, and other tasks as required
- Analyzing and offering strategic solutions for integration, streamlining and improvement of processes
- Analyzing and developing business cases for systems improvements
- Contributing to ongoing assessment of MakeWay’s data collection methods, evaluation and strategy planning
- Gathering functional, business and solutions requirements in preparation for the development and implementation of Information Systems’ projects
- Creating and maintaining admin and end user documentation for Salesforce
- Supporting the implementation of all other Information Systems team projects as assigned
- Building strong relationships across the organization and externally in order to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and collaboration with the IS team
- Leading the completion of the Revenue Re-engineering Project. This includes but is not limited to:
- Contributing to the implementation of a new invoicing solution
- Contributing to the adoption of new revenue software or native software solutions to fill current stakeholder gaps and allow for automated payment processing
- Working with the Salesforce team in the implementation of existing features to support payment processing
- Contributing to the implementation of payment processor integrations to Salesforce
- Automating and consolidating receipting module
- Working with Finance to update revenue intake and receipting processes
- Completing and maintaining revenue systems/process documentation
- Maintaining and updating admin and user end documentation
Who You Are:
- Team oriented collaborator: You team up and meaningfully work with internal teams across the organization to provide effective solutions.
- A curious problem-solver: You are always learning and seeking ways to resourcefully improve systems and processes. You understand the working environment and can translate it into business requirements. You bring ideas for improvements and will speak out if you see a better way of doing things.
- Natural relationship builder: You can easily establish connections across teams, are able to anticipate needs and make sure people have the information they need to make decisions.
- Skilled communicator: You are able to translate complex technical concepts and intricacies of systems into clear and understandable language. You are able to act as a bridge between functional and technical teams.
Experience You Bring:
- Alignment with the goals and values of MakeWay
- 2-3 years’ of Business Systems Analyst experience
- Extensive experience working with Salesforce
- Demonstrated knowledge of different requirement gathering and project management techniques
- Experience in facilitating groups of business users and technical specialists
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
- Ability to work well under changing priorities
- High attention to detail paired with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional planning and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks within a collaborative team environment
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Business Analytics or related field
- Experience working in a non-profit
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the community
- Salary of $53,550 – $59,160 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package including generous RRSP contribution
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Flexible work environment with remote working
- Committed colleagues
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay team. This position will stay open until filled.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace community and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the selection process, please contact us.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please!