Part Time Group Service Workers-Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months
Hours of Work: Afternoons, Weekends
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Reporting to the Supervisor, Children and Youth Services, Part Time Group Services Workers provide direct support to children, youth, and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder in an in-Centre respite setting.
• Support children, youth, and adults with ASD to participate in an in-centre respite setting
• Provide participants with a recreational environment where fun and learning come together in a day of structured activities within the Centre
• Development of program materials
• Documentation of participant and program progress and collection of data may be required
• Maintain regular contact with the Supervisor regarding all issues pertaining to the program.
• University/college education in a relevant discipline–completed or working towards completion
• Previous experience providing direct support to children or youth or adults with an ASD
• Problem solving and crisis management skills (experience using CPI is an asset)
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Be reliable, dependable and adaptable.
(Salary: $14.50 + 4% vacation pay)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume listing availability (weekdays and/or weekends), to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!