Part Time Group Services Shift Leaders-Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months
Hours of Work: Afternoons, Weekends
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Reporting to the Supervisor, Community Support Services, the Shift Leader provides direct support to Children and Youth in addition to providing functional support and coaching to staff, students and volunteers on shift.
• Provide direct functional support and feedback to Group Service Workers, Students and Volunteers
• Ensure the program runs according to plan and in accordance with Policies and Procedures including Community Safety Protocol
• Be aware of and adhere to On-Call Manager Procedure
• Facilitate program planning with staff team
• Monitor program supplies and purchasing or placing order with Supervisor, as needed as per pre-determined budget
• Provide Supervisor with complete Shift Leader Report promptly after each shift including staff hours and client attendance
• Ensure necessary paperwork and documentation is completely thoroughly and is kept in good order
• Monitor staff performance and morale during shift and report regularly to the Supervisor
• Document Participant attendance and family contact in CYSIS
• Along with the Supervisor, participate actively in planning and presenting at staff meeting
• Attend Leadership Team meetings as required
• Regular communication with Supervisor on all aspects of the program.
• A University/college education in a relevant discipline (e.g. social work, psychology, education, behavioural sciences) completed or working towards completion
• Previous experience (minimum 1 year) providing direct support to children, youth or adults with disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders in a recreational or skill building program
• Experience with managing challenging behaviours
• Experience implementing crisis management techniques (CPI)
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Superior problem-solving and crisis management skills
• Knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis
• Excellent leadership skills.
(Salary: $16.75 + 4% vacation pay)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume listing availability (weekdays and/or weekends), to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!