Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: Leaders in building strong and supportive communities.
Mission: Supporting our growing communities to manage change through quality client-centered social & health services and responsive public education.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director – Health Services is a collaborative member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and the Departmental Management Team (DMT) and leads the ongoing planning, development and implementation of programs that meets the needs of clients and communities served by Indus Community Services. They will build a high performing team responsible for a service oriented culture for enhancing the experiences of client services leading to positive impact of the programs on quality of life. They will lead the ongoing development and implementation of a sound outreach strategy which addresses the needs of the community. The Director – Health Services maintains professional relationships with stakeholders at all levels and stays current on region wide initiatives and developments in the sector.
The Director – Health Services will demonstrate the following personal competencies:
* Strong people skills – a collaborative team player capable of building relationships at all levels of an organization; participative management style
* Responsiveness – ability to anticipate needs and commit to respond in agreed timeframes
* Innovative and strategic thinker – ability to identify, develop and implement new ideas and concepts
* High degree of professional and personal integrity
* Capable of delivering on commitments – setting clear objectives and deliverable goals
* Driven and hardworking – ability to “get things done”
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
* Lead a Health Services team that is contributing to the delivery of high-quality client services (Adult Day Program, Senior’s Wellness and Health Promotion activities).
* Plan, develop and implement long-term strategies, goals and objectives and partnerships to support the strategic directions of Indus’s programs in an effective and efficient manner consistent with the philosophy and mission of the organization, safety, security, professional standards and relevant legislation.
* Develop the annual operating plan, budget and program evaluation framework in alignment with Indus’s strategic plan and directions for Health Services within the context of the agency’s MSAAs.
* Champion and oversee development and maintenance of an integrated management dashboard for program metrics that are consistently collected and compiled periodically to measure the performance and outcomes of program interventions and reported to the ELT, DMT, Board and funders to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided to the community.
* Lead the development of program policies, guidelines, procedures and evidence based management practices and quality improvement plans for effective program implementation to support best in class services.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with funders, internal and external stakeholders.
* Oversee program budgets, expenditures, funder reporting for the purposes of contractual compliance in coordination with the CEO, ELT and DMT.
* Regularly explore and access additional funding opportunities in order to enhance existing program and services.
* Participate in broad based planning through affiliation with other community organizations to initiate and establish inter-disciplinary coordinated approach and leadership in exploring joint programming activities and resource utilization.
* Compile, analyze and report trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions.
* Participate in the development of public education related reports, documents/presentations or statements and work within established guidelines.
* Monitor program activities on a regular basis and conduct timely evaluation according to the program evaluation framework to assess the impact and success and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
* Manage risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action in consultation with the CEO, ELT and DMT.
* Supervise and conduct performance evaluations of direct reports, assign work, review quality of results and evaluate the overall performance (individually & jointly) of the Health Services program.
* Provide clear direction, performance expectations and standards, orientation, coaching, guidance and support to direct reports.
* Support the Health Services team by listening to concerns and suggestions and provide regular follow-up and feedback in a timely manner.
* Participate actively in the ELT and DMT meetings regularly to drive the organizational growth and day-to-day management; key board committees to provide program advice and is a key leadership member to representative partner networks and in related community activities.
* Continually develop and evolve the Director - Health Services position, in consultation with the CEO, to align it with the emerging needs of the organization and the evolving changes within its operating environment such as ongoing maintenance of agency and professional accreditation.
* Along with the CEO, represent the organization to the board, funders and networking and community partners.
* Coordinate funder communications and related requirements.
* Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Masters level degree in Public Administration, Health Administration or equivalent education in a related human services field.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience in community health services & program development/management at a senior level.
* Strong understanding of community health and health promotion services in large urban settings.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, capable of developing consensus and motivate individuals in mixed and complex working environments, both within and outside the organization, to achieve common goals and outcomes.
* Outstanding strategic analysis capabilities via research, networking and other sources that support longer term planning and strategic decision making.
* Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and evidence based management practices that are relevant to Community Health, Seniors Wellness and related Seniors programs. Knowledge of Long Term Care development and operations an asset.
* Ethical and independent, demonstrating a high standard of professionalism and respect for confidentiality and privacy.
* High level judgment and initiative in problem resolution of complex issues in both people and operational areas.
* Experience working at a policy level and driving advocacy initiatives within an established network on behalf of individuals, families and caregivers.
* Demonstrated ability and experience developing grant/program funding proposals to government, foundations, corporate and private funders.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work flexible hours and in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of diverse cultural and racial backgrounds.
* Experience with and appreciation for South Asian cultural norms and sensitivities is an asset.
* Current Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Screening will be required.
* Valid Driver’s License with own transportation a must.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!