Hyland House Newton provides emergency shelter for 45 men and women. Applicants who enjoy cooking and helping out in their community are encouraged to apply.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan menu in consultation with program staff and within specified budget
• Prepare balanced meals (lunch and dinner) for approximately 45 people
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Food Safe certification is required.
Job, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to cook for a large group.
• Good food preparation, budgeting and shopping skills.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrate proficiency in written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Non-judgmental, respectful, positive, supportive and empowering attitude.
• Interact with residents in a caring and supportive manner.
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Community kitchen experience is an asset
• No relevant criminal record.
• Be willing and able to work flexible shifts.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!