POSITION: Registered Nurse (RN) Mental Health and Addictions Casual - Duncan OPS
SALARY: $35.53 Per Hour depending upon applicants' length of seniority (as per the Collective Agreement)
The Registered Nurse (RN) supports Lookout’s Overdose Prevention Space, TiOAT Program at the Wellness and Recovery Centre in Duncan under the direction of the Program Manager. The Wellness and Recovery Centre guests may also be connected with addiction, health care and community services. The people we serve may have a variety of challenging and often overlapping problems including serious mental illness, substance abuse (including IV drug use), hygiene issues, treatment (medical, psychiatric and rehab), and increasingly HIV+/Aids. Harm Reduction Workers provide the necessary support including intake and orienting guests, and support for meeting the needs of clients, as well as education on harm reduction methods and distribution of harm reduction supplies. The LPN deals with the public, other service agencies and professionals involved in the support of the clients.
JOB DUTIES:(in brief)
· Provide medical assessments to clients of the TiOAT Program and the Wellness Recovery Program
· Responsible for medication management of clients of the TiOAT Program and the Wellness Recovery Program
· Prescribe medications as necessary through the TiOAT Program and the Wellness Recovery Program
· Work as a collaborative team, with Management, Coordinators and external agencies to provide harm reduction supplies, support and the information necessary to help participants access and use this facility
· Observe clients who are consuming drugs, assessing for and managing signs of overdose, and when necessary, administering drugs to counter an overdose, according to established protocols
· Provide crisis intervention and/or extraordinary services where appropriate.
· Provide education and guidance on safe injection practices, assess clients’ other health/socioeconomic needs and provide support and direction to services as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
· Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client centered recovery model in mental illness.
· Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and counseling skills.
· Broad knowledge of mental health illness and treatment.
· Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indication and side effects).
· Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
· Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct psychiatric assessments.
· Demonstrated ability to provide treatment planning, counseling, crisis intervention, and case coordination.
· Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
· Naloxone Training an asset
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training an asset
· Criminal Record Clearance – vulnerable sector
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9.” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply. External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
c. BCNU, Shop Steward
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!