COSTI REQUIRES AN ONTARIO WORKS SKILLS TRAINING EMPLOYMENT FACILITATOR FOR ITS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES TORONTO LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a fee for services employment program for International Trained Individuals in receipt of Ontario Works
This is a full-time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week
- Provides intake, assessment, counselling, job placement and referrals for clients in the Toronto Employment and Social Services Purchase of Employment Services (POES) system.
- Prepares and facilitates 4 weeks life management and job search training sessions to Internationally Trained Individuals, utilizing virtual tools such as zoom, highfive and web apps tools to include participants from other parts of the city with remote access to the program/service.
- Provides follow up and case management including counselling and supports for six (6) months after core program completion.
- Provides and prepares individuals with skills training pathways in order to accesses their profession or similar occupation.
- Assists clients in the development of their back to work action plans based on their career and vocational goals.
- Prepares and submits statistical and services reports into the POES system.
- Conducts employer outreach and placement for clients within their profession or similar occupation.
- Participates in outreach to Toronto Employment and Social Services (TESS) managers and their teams. Supports and presents client’s return to work action plan and/or training pathways to TESS case workers.
- Conducts follow-up services on all clients accepted into the International Trained Individuals Program activities and outcomes in the POES system.
- Arranges guest speakers as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
- Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience within the employment field.
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation and job placement experience working with International Trained Individuals (ITI). Preference will be given to those working with Ontario Works ITI clients.
- Experience working within the POES system is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Ontario Works case workers and managers from the city of Toronto.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed carrying a on a full caseload, and poses strong case management skills.
- Level B Certification in Career Assessment tools is considered an asset.
- Though knowledge of licensing and registration requirements for professionally trained individuals.
- Demonstrated skills providing services using virtual tools: zoom, high five, web apps, internet, and Windows environment software etc.
- Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing immigrants and in particular Internationally Trained Professionals
- Life skills Training Coach Certificate would be an asset.