COSTI REQUIRES A COOK FOR ITS
RALPH CHIODO FAMILY IMMIGRANT RECEPTION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a full-time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Prepares and cooks large quantities of food for up to 120 people in accordance with the Canada Food Guide.
- Conducts inventory control and advises the Manager, Food Services regarding need for supplies and donations.
- Cleans and disinfects the kitchen and its equipment according to the Public Health Department standards.
- Ensures that food preparation meets the standards of the Public Health Department.
- Carry and stores food and supplies (up to 50 pounds).
- Prepares service records and communicate with Kitchen Manager.
- Trains and supervises kitchen volunteers for program delivery.
- Serves food to Centre residents.
- Food Handlers Certification is a must.
- A minimum of 12 months’ work experience cooking in a kitchen preparing large quantity cooking (120 people per meal).
- Able to carry and lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to cook Middle Eastern cuisine and international food.
- Must have a WHMIS certificate.
- Experience working with refugees and understanding of issues related to poor nutrition and food starvation would be an asset.
- Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
- Able to cover weekend and Holiday shifts when needed with advanced notice.
- Fluency in English is a must. Ability to speak one of the following languages is considered an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Amharic, Spanish and French.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. TVSS must have been completed within past 6 months.