COSTI REQUIRES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER OPERATIONS FOR ITS RALPH CHIODO FAMILY IMMIGRANT RECEPTION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a part time non-union position scheduled to work 26 hours per week which includes various work shifts e.g.
(Saturday 8:00 a.m. -3:30 pm.& Sunday: 2:00p.m.-9:30 p.m.)
(Monday & Friday: 5:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m.)
- Manages weekend operations staff at the Reception Centre: food staff, housekeeping staff, weekend counsellors and overnight staff.
- Maintains and updates work schedules ensuring proper coverage of every shift and maintaining proper staffing.
- Ensures incident reports and documentation are up to date.
- Supports the hiring and training of the new weekend operation staff.
- Works closely with other Operations Manager, Assistant Manager and General Manager to ensure smooth daily operations and clear communication provided between the different teams.
- Coordinates/supports the delivery of services to clients.
- Works with centre’s management team to ensure smooth flow of services to in-house clients.
- Assists Operations Manager to ensure Centre and its staff comply with operational policies and procedures. Implements the Centre’s inspection and maintenance schedule to ensure that the building and equipment comply with all applicable Health and Safety regulations and are maintained in good working condition.
- Assists Operations Manager to ensure the Centre is in compliance with Toronto Shelter Standards, Health and Safety policies and procedures, City fire and building regulations;
- Ensures essential repairs are scheduled as required.
- Assists Operations Manager to prepare for annual City of Toronto Rooming House License Inspection.
- Assists Operations Manager in maintaining and updating Capital Inventory lists and operational supplies.
- Supervises centre operations in the absence of Operations Manager.
- Post-secondary education in Social Services or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in shelter setting is required, with one (1) year of experience in supervising shelter program and staff.
- One (1) year experience in facility management in facility/operations management in a residential setting, preferably a shelter, considered an asset.
- Knowledge of specific issues facing resettled refugees in general and the Resettlement Assistance Program more specifically.
- Demonstrate ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring and training staff in a multicultural environment.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft suite, Internet Excel, and e-mails is essential.
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset. Preference will be given to Arabic, Amharic, Tigrinya, Farsi, Dari, Spanish, and French.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
- Possession of a valid First aid/ CPR training certificate is required.