Residential Care Worker
Position Type: Part-Time and Casual positions available
Location: Burnaby, Vancouver, and Coquitlam Area
Compensation: $20.52 per hour – as per Community Living Collective Agreement
posAbilities assists individuals with developmental disabilities to lead meaningful and healthy lives. We accomplish this by partnering with local communities to provide a comprehensive range of person-centred services for individuals and the families who care for them.
We thrive to help our employees experience joy, meaning and beauty at work. They have more opportunities to be creative and autonomous, living life doing what they love.
We are currently searching for passionate individuals to make a difference in the lives of adults with developmental disabilities. Gain the gratification of knowing you are instrumental in helping individuals create their success!
- You hold a strong commitment to protecting the Human Rights of our persons served. This commitment comes from your grounded philosophy of supporting people with challenges living and working in the community.
- You hold a degree or certification in human services (or related discipline) or you have an acceptable combination of education/experience.
- You have experience working with people who live with physical, mental or social barriers.
- You can be the creative spark or productive dynamo in a team; having an emphasis on leadership, self-initiative, patience, maturity and tact.
- You are a confident writer, speaker and are rarely intimidated in any conversation.
- You are a great organizer; deadlines are up-to-date on your calendar or meals are prepped for the week.
- You aren't a tech guru, but you can help your grandma understand how to send emails. Learning new technology and data platforms doesn’t daunt you.
- You know your way around the local community, having knowledge of the resources and services available.
- You MUST have the following:
- Current Community Care 1st Aid and CPR level B or C
- Current TB test
- A medical note from a physician certifying ability to safely perform duties required
- A clear Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults (a consent form will be provided upon hire)
- Class 4R or 4U driver’s license
Additional assets YOU may have we value:
- American Sign Language (ASL) of any level
YOUR Typical Day:
- You will be an advocate for people’s desires and choices.
- You promote each individual’s independence and help create opportunities for them to learn and practice new skills.
- You could be acting in theatre, drawing art or holding music sessions with individuals to develop and promote their gifts, talents, qualities and abilities.
- You will learn and practice with each individual’s method of communication. You will also help grow and develop their method of communication.
- You provide input in developing, implementing and documenting each individual’s Personal Service Plans (PSPs).
- You help individuals with their personal care needs and assist in maintaining a standard which will ensure that they are seen positively by their friends, family and community.
- You support individuals in building and maintaining fulfilling relationships with family, friends and neighbours.
- You administer medication, arrange for travel, and maintain appropriate documentation and records.
- You maintain positive working relationships with all professionals involved in the care of the individual.
Please apply with your resume via our website at www.posAbilities.ca/careers or via email to careers@posAbilities.ca. Please indicate the position number you are interested in. Please note, while we would like to connect with everyone interested in this position, only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.