POSITION TITLE: Weekend Team Lead
PROGRAM: Supportive Living Program (Group Homes)
JOB STATUS: Temporary (1 Year Contract)
HOURS OF WORK: 16 hours per week (Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm), with flexibility.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Team Lead plays a crucial role, providing information and support as individuals embark on their recovery journey. The Team Lead delivers an excellence in standard of care while providing positive, compassionate service and problem-solving skills to help coach staff as they support our clients.
CLIENT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of weekend staff.
- Hands-on support teaching clients daily living skills (cooking, budgeting, cleaning, time management etc.)
- Handling of admin items such as monthly receipt books, ensuring group homes have office supplies.
- Back up to support program intakes when Senior Clinical Lead is away.
- Call support and handling of day to day minor crisis issues as they arise.
- Transporting clients if required.
- Have a good working knowledge of the clients in the five group homes.
- If required, be able to cover a weekend day shift (7:30-5:30) if there are no relief staff available.
- Provide staff with program expectations and interventions, with support from Senior Clinical Lead.
- To represent CMHA on appropriate committees as required.
- Provide ongoing research on areas relevant to recovery framework with respect to suicide supports, trauma informed work, and mental health conditions and addictions.
- Some facilitation of skill-building groups (once it is safe to offer them)
TEAM & ORGANIZATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with team members in the development of new, innovative services within the Supportive Living (Group Homes) program.
- Adhere to the definition and guiding principles of the Team Model.
- Promote the principles of diversity and equity in all work-related duties, wherever applicable.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Human Services.
- Training at Diploma level with five (5) years’ experience.
- You have worked in the mental health field for over Five (5) years and have a deep commitment to and understanding of the recovery model. You demonstrate deep respect not only for clients but for the teams you support, your peers and community partners.
- Must be able to be on call for some weekends (on a rotational basis with other Team Leads)
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- ASIST training an asset.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Effective conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Recognizes and adheres to professional boundaries.
- Approachable, accessible and facilitates cooperation.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Able to engage in active listening and provide/accept constructive feedback.
- Is able to represent self and the agency in a professional manner.
This job requires a mix of sitting, standing and moving, with a balance between computer-based work and verbal communication. The candidate may be required to balance priorities between different stakeholders.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a thorough list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.