POSITION TITLE: Program Manager for Post Discharge Transition, Supportive Living, Independent Living Support, Street Outreach and Stabilization, and Continuing Connections Programs
JOB STATUS: 1.0 FTE – contract with potential to move to permanent position following successful 6-month probationary period
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Program Manager is responsible for the operational oversight of the Post Discharge Transition, Supportive Living, Independent Living Support, Street Outreach and Stabilization, and Continuing Connections Programs. As well, strategic planning related to the existing and future functioning of the programs.
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager of Operations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate Degree in a human services field. Consideration will be given for Bachelors level
with extensive professional experience.
- Knowledge of local mental health and/or addiction systems and community resources.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mental health setting.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with key stakeholders and community partners.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written and computer-based communication styles.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with people.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to design and implement processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and the use of the internet.
- Ability to contribute positively to their environment/culture.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Determined, action oriented and committed to excellence.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-awareness and self-management.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Exceptional skills in working with large system operations and organizations.
- Provide supervision, guidance, support and mentorship to the Team Leads of each program as well as to frontline staff as needed to ensure smooth running of the day-to-day operations within the respective teams.
- Strong clinical understanding with good working knowledge of DSM – V diagnoses.
- Ensures adherence to CMHA Program Policies and Procedures within the assigned Programs.
- Ensures ongoing Program development and evaluation.
- Participates in financial management of the Programs through budget preparation and monitoring.
- Consults on client and program related issues and facilitates their resolution.
- Ensures that all clients receive adequate support and services as outlined in the Service Delivery Model.
- Ensures appropriate levels of staffing are available to meet client needs and participates in the recruitment of new program staff, in conjunction with the Senior Program Manager of Operations.
- Ongoing consultation and connections with various internal CMHA-Calgary programs
- Strategic planning and operational oversight including work plans, timelines, supervision, coordination for various projects.
- Create and manage project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements for the Agency.
- Facilitate, as needed, day-to-day operational aspects of a project to ensure completion of the project within determined timelines.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet project goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to the Leadership Team.
- Work collaboratively with staff within the Agency and provide regular project status updates through established communication strategies.
- In collaboration, develop effective evaluation of project objectives and goals.
- Program planning and implementation.
- Remain current with new policies, training, services, resources and legislation applicable to the mental health community.
- Identify and support quality improvement initiatives through data, observation, and feedback received from staff and clients.
- Attend Executive Leadership meetings as required.
- Ensures that the performance management process involves the individual, is focused on the individual’s growth, and is goal oriented.
- Inspire co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Self-development and continuing personal development.
- To promote the principles of diversity and equity in all work related duties, whenever applicable.
- To participate as a member of the leadership team in the overall strategic and operational planning and management of the agency.
- To create and execute overall planning, direction and management of projects.