Is the definition of personal wellness a dynamic process of change and growth that varies between different individuals to you? e4c is recruiting for a Weekend Wellness Coach that works during the evenings with residents who are looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. You will support residents who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions require enhanced levels of housing support.
You will build relationships with residents through: creating a safe and supportive environment, modelling healthy relationships and boundaries and being a pillar of support in helping residents achieve their own self-identified wellness goals through a person-centered and non-judgmental approach. You will draw inspiration to support residents on personal wellness, self-care practices, wellness and/or recovery.
Hours: Saturday and Sunday: 4:30pm to 12:00am
(Due to AHS recommendations, applicants who are working at multiple congregate living or healthcare sites may not be considered.)
Why Join Our Team
- Empower residents in developing and achieving their own evening wellness goals.
- Part-time position includes: sick days, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- Be supervised and mentored by a team of diverse individuals through observation, formal and informal coaching sessions and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model evening wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Contribute to a fun, engaging and non-judgmental environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Build community within the house in collaboration with the Wellness Manager and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to develop community relations.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Facilitate positive relationship building with neighbors and community members.
- Administers medication for all residents.
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Required Certification (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Participation in AHS Personal Protective Equipment and You E-Learning Course must be completed prior to employment.
- One year of related direct service work/lived experience
- Proven ability to foster a team environment
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.