Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: PS0121– Part-Time Program Staff
Positions: Three (3)
Status: Part-Time – 20-25 hours per week
Salary Range: $19.78 per hour
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Planning and delivery of fun and safe recreational and educational afterschool programs to children ages 6 to 17 years.
- Providing English Language Learning (ELL) support to newcomer students’ with specific focus on working with students whose first language is Arabic and/or Somali.
- Delivering programming geared towards immigrant and refugee youth.
- Providing direct supervision, behavior management, support and mentoring to the children and youth ensuring positive relationships occur.
- Building relationships with children and youth in order to understand their individual and collective concerns.
- Maintaining up-to date required documentation and completing other required reporting.
- Complete tasks related to daily routine including basic food preparation, serving and cleaning.
- Following all safety and cleaning protocols set out by AHS and the agency in order to safely run programming.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with youth and/or high school students.
- In process the completion of a degree or diploma in human services.
- A strong academic background as well as previous ELL experience.
- Ability to speak Arabic and/or Somali is an asset.
- Demonstrated good communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to manage time with youth effectively and be results oriented.
- Demonstrated an understanding of others and the ability to facilitate groups of youth.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- A Security Clearance Check, Child Welfare Record Check no more than 6 months old are conditions of hire.
We are looking specifically for candidates who can work the following sets shifts:
- Position 1: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday from 3:30pm-6:30pm, Thursday from 2:30pm-5:30pm AND Saturdays from 10:00am-6:00pm. *please note this position requires the ability to speak Arabic and/or Somali
- Position 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday from 3:30pm-8:30pm AND Thursday from 2:30pm-7:30pm
- Position 3: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday from 3:00pm-8:00pm AND Thursday from 12:30pm-5:30pm
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.