Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC) is a non-profit human rights organization committed to countering racism and antisemitism and to promoting the principles of tolerance, social justice and Canadian democratic values through advocacy and education.
FSWC seeks an experienced and motivated individual to lead our National Programs initiatives. The Manager, Programs, reporting directly to the President & CEO, will be responsible for creating and leading innovative and inspiring programming to engage and grow our footprint across Canada.
- Oversee the promotion, implementation, and evaluation of our National outreach programs, ensuring alignment with FSWC strategy
- Design from concept to execution innovative programs that provide meaningful, authentic opportunities to confront hatred and intolerance.
- Create engaging and stimulating programs and opportunities, with a particular focus on university students and young professionals
- Seek out and develop new partnership opportunities to continue the important work of the organization
- Collect, record and present program statistical information and program performance indicators to share in Impact Reports with key stakeholders
- Manage all aspects of project initiatives, acting as the main point of contact for contractors and subject matter experts.
- Represent FSWC and network actively with stakeholders, staying abreast of the work of other organizations, government initiatives and policies, and actively participate in key events, workshops and forums.
You are someone with:
- A knowledge and understanding of the fight against hate, discrimination and antisemitism and the protection and advancement of human rights nationally and globally.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating complex service contracts with public, private and community organizations and developing business plans.
- Superior relationship-building and communication skills ensuring the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Self-motivated and decisive with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong organizational, assessment and time management skills; including budgetary experience, accountability and reliability; and the ability to work effectively and independently under the pressure of tight timelines, competing priorities and emergent issues.
What you bring:
- +7 years of experience using proven strategies and measuring results against key metrics, both specific to the organization and benchmarked against industry standards.
- A proven track record in the design, implementation and execution of successful programming
- Experience in designing programs specific for outreach with young professionals and in campuses
- An ability to lead the department and execute on programs with initiative and autonomy