Title: Office Manager - full time
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, 37.5 hours per week
Probationary period: 3 months
Society Profile: Seniors Services Society is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster, B.C. which provides support services for seniors in New Westminster to live independently, as well as housing information across BC and housing outreach services for seniors in the Metro Vancouver Region.
Purpose: Within the vision and mission statements of the Society, the Office Manager, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, will lead the administrative department, provide support to the Board and Society staff, and act as the lead for overall physical operations of the Society.
• Provide direct administrative support to the Board of Directors, and Chief Executive Officer as required,
• Organize, update, and distribute all Board of Directors materials (policy manual, agendas, and minutes, etc.),
• Plan, attend, and take minutes for all Staff, Board of Directors, and special event committee meetings, including the Annual General Meeting,
• Responsible for all records pertaining to society membership including membership renewal, and
• Support orientation of new Board Members
• Responsible for maintaining a safe, secure, and clean office environment; including overseeing the issuing of keys, security matters, building maintenance and suppliers,
• Maintain an inventory and organizational system for office and kitchen supplies, and as authorized, make orders/purchases as needed,
• In conjunction with the Resource Development Officer, provide leadership for fundraising initiatives,
• Support and troubleshoot computer and communication technology issues within the Society and liaise with the external technology support for complex issues,
• Maintain all Society operational and environmental filing systems, databases, and policy manuals,
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of Society newsletters, promotional materials as well as the office and program statistics,
• Provide administrative support to all SSS led workshops, projects, special events and meetings including the Boardroom booking, set up, clean-up and billing if required,
• Manage the departmental budget on an on-going basis and provide a back-up support for the Financial Administrator when required, and
• Other duties as required.
• In conjunction with the CEO, recruit, hire, orient and train staff members, contractors, and 2 practicum students/interns for the Society
• Supervision of Financial Administrator and Resource Development Officer,
• In conjunction with the Program Supervisors, supervise summer students and administrative volunteers as required,
• Support orientation of new staff members, and
• Organize internal office relations including staff engagement and recognition
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or 5+ years of equivalent work experience within the not-for-profit sector,
• Excellent written and oral communication skills,
• Advanced knowledge of the Society Act and Board Governance process,
• Superior organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines,
• Advanced computer skills for Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook),
• Knowledge and experience with a donor database such as Donor Perfect and CRA donation regulations an asset,
• Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team, and
• Ability to use discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
This is a full time position - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, some weekends and evenings as needed.
Salary range: Rate of pay will be determined based on applicant’s education, skill, and experience. A comprehensive group benefit plan is available after successful 3-month probation.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!