Nichol Place is a brand new 48 room Assisted Living Residence focused on supporting individuals living with mental health and substance use diagnosis. Residents are focused on increasing their independence as they transition in to community and full independence.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Nurse Manager of Nichol Place is responsible for oversight of a 48 unit Assisted Living Program for both adults and young adults who are living with mental illness and working towards the goal of greater independence. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the effective management of all aspects of Nichol Place, including the supervision and administration of the programs, planning, development and implementation of effective and efficient services within both the agency and the greater community.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adhere to the policies and standards of Options Community Services Society, as established in policy and program manuals, Health & Safety Guidelines, job descriptions, written memos, and verbal agreements.
• Ensure all Assisted Living Registry and Accreditation standards are continuously being met; participates in Performance and Quality Improvement initiatives at both the program and agency level.
• Develop and implement annual program goals and objectives.
• Monitors the daily operation of the programs and ensures quality control. Ensures program standards, guidelines and policies are met and maintained.
• Maintains high-level knowledge of mental health services, community services, resource persons and a wide range of mental health issues and initiatives.
• Mentor, coach and support staff to meet and exceed the expectations of their role. Responsible for recruitment, including interviewing and selecting candidates for vacant or new positions. Responsible for supervising staff, identifying and responding appropriately to employee misconduct, including implementing disciplinary procedures.
• Maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with other community organizations to co-ordinate the provision of services, foster partnerships and collaboration, and exchange information. Represents the program and Options Community Services in the mental health and broader community.
• Ensure that all reports/statistical materials are provided to the appropriate referents as requested. Ensures that accurate program and client records are maintained and that confidentiality is a priority.
• Conducts interviews and screens all incoming referrals for appropriateness for entry into the program.
• Acts as the primary contact with the Mental Health Team and other external stakeholders specific to Nichol Place.
• Facilitates planning for regular resident programming based in the principles of Psychosocial Rehabilitation.
• Case management and Recovery Plan review to ensure goals are being set and progress is being made towards meeting client identified goals, including responding to client complaints and/or concerns
• Monitor and approve expenditures within the existing budget allowance and make budget recommendations.
• Participates in an on-call rotation.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training, and Experience
The candidate must have:
• RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or an equivalent consideration of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a management position with experience in the operation of a psychiatric residential community care facility.
• Current CPR and First Aid certification.
• Unrestricted Class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for business use.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Required to work in a dynamic environment that may call for adaptation to the emerging trends/demands. A high level of motivation and sensitivity is required to effectively deliver services to a variety of individuals and supervise staff.
• Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrate a high degree of initiative.
• Foster and nurture a positive professional team environment at all times.
• Possess superior time management skills.
• Possess proven Cultural Awareness Sensitivity training or experience.
• Display sensitivity to diverse resident needs/issues.
• Proven/demonstrable crisis intervention, conflict resolution and mediation skills.
• Represent the Society in a positive and professional manner when in contact with outside agencies, professionals or community.
• Commitment to problem solving approach.
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Applicants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Competitive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including enrollment into the Municipal Pension Plan, will be available after 3 months of employment.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!