Title: Bilingual Counseling Manager
Position: Full time
Reports to: Senior Counseling Manager
Location: Montreal (Temporarily remote due to Covid 19)
Shift Schedule: As mentioned below:
Wednesday- 1pm - 11pm
Thursday- 9pm - 7am
Friday- 9pm - 7am
Saturday- 9pm - 7am
Wednesday- 9pm - 7am
Thursday- 9pm - 7am
Friday- 9pm - 7am
*10 hour shifts, average 31.5 hrs/week
Wednesday - 1pm-9pm
Thursday - 11pm-7am
Tuesday - 11pm-7am
Wednesday - 11pm-7am
Thursday - 11pm-7am
*8 hour shifts, averages 28 hrs/week
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As a Counselling Manager, you will be a part of a team of several managers responsible for the day to day operational systems to function smoothly, and to ensure that Kids Help Phone fulfills its role of “being there for kids.” You must understand the big picture of the situation, and deal with multiple, complex situations at a time.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
As a Counseling Manager, you will be responsible to oversee that the highest possible quality of telephone and chat counselling, information and referral service is delivered by the Kids Help Phone Counsellors. The successful individuals will provide counsellors with management, support, supervision and leadership.
What You'll do
● Provide clinical and operational supervision and support to Counsellors;
● Maintaining up to date records such as supervision and performance notes;
● Management and monitoring of counselling activities i.e. schedule adherence, debriefing, etc.;
● Review and assess Counsellors’ skills and performance to ensure that they meet operational and clinical standards, in consultation with Quality Assurance and Workforce team;
● Ensure standards are followed, including quality, training, operational performance and professional conduct
● Collaborate, consult and build strong partnerships with colleagues in departments such as Workforce Management, Quality Assurance, Training and Education and Human Resources;
● Offer debriefing or defusing as needed; support self-care and wellness strategies for Counsellors;
● Participation in the rotating schedule of on-call system
What You'll Need
· Bachelors or Masters degree in applicable fields (Social work, Psychology etc)
· An asset will be having a professional designation/certification
· Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience managing counselors and counseling youth
· At least 2 years of supervisory experience in the social service sector ( or equivalent)
· Excellent knowledge of telephone counselling, crisis intervention principles and techniques, counselling approaches (e.g. models of brief solution focused and narrative therapy
· Possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment (Preferred).
You’ll already have the following:
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and problem solving strategies to work with a diverse client group
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills
· Demonstrated ability to supervise, and teach, mentor phone and chat counselling
· Strong technical aptitude and knowledge of computer applications
· Bilingualism in French and English (both written and verbal) is an required
· Knowledge of the issues facing vulnerable children, youth and families
· Knowledge of laws and services affecting the lives of Canadian children and youth
· Flexibility and willingness to work in a 24/7 center
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
· Ability to collaborate in the creation of a learning environment
· Demonstrated commitment to improving the health and well-being of young people in Canada
· Technical proficiency with MS Office Suite of applications and experience with online/web or technology
· Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
· Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:* lastname_firstname_BilingualCounseling Manager *
The posting closes on midnight 25th Jan, 2021
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.
Kids Help Phone is committed to providing barrier-free environment and accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources person if your require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!