If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) is a crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services for adults with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC staff strive to advance the vision 'Lives filled with possibilities in welcoming communities'. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration and community.
As a Contracts Clerk at CLBC, you will be responsible for processing various administrative and financial documents, inputting system data, providing reception and switchboard services, as well as administrative and program support to staff. Duties include:
- Preparing, tendering for, awarding, administering and monitoring contracts for the delivery of CLBC supported services and funding in accordance with current legislation, contract specifications, and agency policy and procedures within a regional area.
- Maintaining a computerized status log and database of all regional contracts and providing up-to-date reports as required to managers and CLBC staff
- Maintaining physical and electronic files for people with developmental disabilities and their families, along with a general filing system, including scanning of documents
- Providing word processing, data input & typing support such as correspondence, mail merges, meeting minutes, forms, client information
- Greeting, screening and directing families and persons with developmental disabilities to appropriate office and agency for service. This will include establishing and maintaining positive relations under possible adverse or emotional circumstances
- Maintaining knowledge of staff whereabouts, booking appointments and meeting rooms, monitoring appointment list and notifying staff of arrivals
- Liaising with Quality Service Analysts for initial, renewal and modification contracts
- Verifying that back-up and source documents are accurate, complete and compliant and are approved by appropriate spending authority in accordance with CLBC policy and procedure
- Resolving transactions which are not in compliance, referring complex transactions to supervisor
- Processing invoices in preparation of invoice entry by the Accounts Department
- Liaising with service providers and Quality Service Analysts to assemble and prepare, as directed, all relevant information necessary to create requests and other procedures to ensure the contracting process meets all required legislative requirements
This is the role for you if you are an administrative professional that:
- has excellent attention to detail
- enjoys working collaboratively
- has excellent listening skills
- is able to clearly communicate to a wide range of individuals
- has strong organizational and time management skills
- is able to manage several concurrent tasks
- Grade twelve diploma or equivalent education
- A combination of 3 years clerical/administrative support experience, education, and/or training in a financial position (e.g. payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping)
- Strong MS Word and MS Excel skills
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience processing contracts
- Typing speed of 50WPM
This is an auxiliary position. Auxiliaries may be hired for project work, or to cover vacancies or leaves of varying lengths.
Term: Anticipated 70 hours bi-weekly
Classification/Salary: Clerk 11 - Starts at $24.79 per hour
Closing date: January 25, 2021
Apply now! Submit a resume and cover letter through our online application system to the attention of Jaimie Willows. Resumes received by other methods will not be considered.
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act).
Community Living BC is an equal opportunity employer.