Title: Program Manager
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, 37.5 hours per week
Probation Period: 3 months
Society Profile: Seniors Services Society is a non-profit agency located in New Westminster, BC which provides support services for seniors in New Westminster to live independently, as well as housing information across BC and outreach services for seniors in the Metro Vancouver Region.
Purpose: The Program Manager is a new and evolving position resulting from a review of services delivery within Seniors Services Society of BC to support the agency’s new strategic direction. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Program Manager is responsible for providing overall guidance and management to the program teams, in order to achieve agreed upon action plans and long-term strategic objectives.
• Recruits, selects, orients, trains, and supervises non-administrative staff, and ensures a supportive and collaborative teamwork environment,
• Manages employee contracts, conducts regular performance reviews, and ensures job manuals are up to date,
• Develops, coordinates, and maintains all programs including, needs assessments, implementation plans and day to day operations,
• Conducts program evaluation and development such as research, planning and data collection on current and new potential programs,
• Assist with grant writing and outcome reports on behalf of the Society,
• Manages all client relations, ensuring clients receive services in a fair and consistent manner and that client files are accurate and current,
• In conjunction with the CEO and the Office administrator, ensure all human resource administration, policies and procedures are in place, and consistently adhered to,
• Work collaboratively with the CEO in agency operational planning,
• Represent the Society at various committees across the Greater Vancouver Region and act as ambassador and expert on seniors’ issues, and
• Other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Leadership and/or Business Administration with the minimum of 3 years’ experience in program management as well as 3 years’ experience leading and managing staff, preferably with a non-profit organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Exemplary leadership traits and skills; ability to inspire, motivate, guide and support staff,
• Knowledge of the legal frameworks and best practices related to non-profit management,
• Knowledge of programs and services available to seniors at the local, provincial, and federal levels,
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills,
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and
• Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team
This is a full time position - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, some evenings and weekends as needed.
Compensation: Salary will depend on the applicant’s qualifications, experiences, and skillset.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!