COSTI REQUIRES A WEEKEND HOUSEKEEPER FOR ITS
RALPH CHIODO FAMILY IMMIGRANT RECEPTION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work 14 hours per week
(Saturday and Sunday from 07:00am - 02:30pm)
- Cleans and maintains the Centre and grounds as per safety and health regulations.
- Assists in teaching clients how to use the equipment and cleaning products such as washer/dryer, cleaning products, washrooms and bathing facilities.
- Cleans and disinfects all rooms, offices, childcare and their fixtures.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchen, countertops, serving areas, dining room after every meal and snacks.
- Assists the weekend counseling staff with preparing beverages, serving meals and snacks, preparing the dining area and cleaning after each meal.
- Empties and dispenses garbage in offices, rooms, kitchen/dining rooms, washrooms in appropriate disposal units.
- Replaces and replenishes soap containers, light bulbs, mattress covers and notifies the Operations Manager and management of any needed repairs.
- Performs other duties as required: answers telephones, sets up rooms; rearranges furniture; distribute donations, etc.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in housekeeping in large residential institutions.
- Must have a WHMIS certificate.
- Food handling experience is an asset.
- Sensitivity and awareness of working with refugee population.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to speak one of the following languages is an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, Amharic, French, Russian, Somali, Tagalog and Tigrinya.