Event and Program Manager
Cold Lake, AB
Are you an Event and Program Manager from the non-profit industry? Do you have at least two years of experience managing a small team? Are you interested in moving to Cold Lake Alberta? If so, we want to hear from you immediately!!!
As the Event and Program Manager, you will report to the Executive Director and partner with them to executive large events and programs.
The successful candidate will at least 2 years of experience managing people and a wealth of experience in events and programming preferabley from the non-profit industry!
· Manage a team of programming coordinators with diverse talents and responsibilities
· Partner with Executive Director to develop overall annual program implementation goals, plans, and timelines and contribute to the overall success of all organizational goals.
· Develop standards of practice and policies for programs and events and perform a regular internal audit of processes to ensure policies reflect best practice.
· Monitor program budgets and ensure that financial resources are utilized efficiently and programs are operating within financial guidelines.
· Develop a thorough understanding of funding requirements and ensure compliance with these standards.
· Collect, analyze, and report statistics and create key indicators that will assist staff with the ongoing review and evaluation of programs.
· Compile data and report on programs including evaluations, return on investment and reach.· Lead regular program meetings including the annual program scheduling meeting.
· Identify, monitor, and mitigate program risks including conflict of interest matters by creating sound Risk Management processes and procedures.
· Partner with the Executive Director to represent the organization with community agencies and continue to strengthen relationships with our interagency partners.
· Partner with the Executive Director to develop staff training opportunities and train new staff.
· Build the capacity of the organization to design and execute high-impact programming which meets the needs of its members.
· Manage complex situations in support of staff, or in their absence.
· Ensure programming complaints or concerns are responded to professionally and in a timely manner.
· Liaise with other staff for marketing, staff recruitment, and administrative information.
· Manage client referrals as required.
The successful candidate
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field AND some years experience OR· Diploma in Business Administration, Management, or a related field AND several years of experience.
· Previous experience in supervising and supporting a diverse team.
· Solid understanding of program delivery in not-for-profit organizations.
· Financial and budget management experience.
· Competency in computer applications including Microsoft and Penelope.
· Ability to pass Enhanced Reliability Screening Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check.
· Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
· Valid drivers license and access to reliable transportation.
· Previous experience or knowledge working with the military community is an asset.
· Proficiency communicating in both English and French is an asset.
Salary range: $65,000 - $75,000 per annum.