Do you want to use your strengths and passion to make a difference every day in your community? Would you thrive in a collegial team, focused on providing compassionate care that realizes the dignity of each client?'
Bring your Social Work and case management experience to a community-based organization that helps change lives. You will design, develop and oversee a case management model that supports vulnerable North Shore residents who are looking to make a way forward – as you develop case plans and oversee our case workers who share case-load.
Who We Are
Since 1993 Harvest Project has been reaching out to North Shore residents who are experiencing extreme challenges with family break-down, illness, job loss, and poverty. Our founder began Harvest Project as an expression of his Christian faith: to help those in poverty, to care for marginalized people, and to seek justice for neighbours in need. Today, we continue this vision as we bring a deep commitment to love our neighbours (“extending a hand up”). Visit www.harvestproject.org.
We are seeking a Registered Social Worker with a Master’s degree who is collaborative, compassionate and self-directed, to join our dynamic and enjoyable team environment. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Case Manager brings leadership for the oversight and effective delivery of Harvest Project’s integrated case management model. You will work in partnership with the Program Manager, Client Care to bring ongoing recommendations that align with Harvest Project’s Mission and the full scope of client needs.
Community Partnerships & Resources
- Develop and maintain a network of North Shore community relationships and resources to optimize HP’s ability to support and assist clients to achieve goals through a holistic support network.
- Participate in social services community meetings and promote Harvest Project at community events.
- Maintain a select case load, conduct intakes and determine level and complexity of services required based on the client’s current situation, needs, strength and goals.
- Assist clients to address their situation with a vision to optimize the individual’s ability to improve their (and family) situations. This may include coordinating services for individuals and families for counseling and advocacy to psychological assessment and evaluation.
- Recruit and supervise Case Workers, providing direction, advice, coaching, support and evaluation.
- With the Client Care Manager, provide training, shadowing, and support to Case Workers to build knowledge and skills and ensure integrated, effective and efficient service delivery.
Reporting and Compliance
- Oversight of client files to monitor accuracy and completeness, and ensure our program systems, data collection and reporting are well managed and maintained.
Registered Social Worker with a Master’s Degree, and three years case management experience, with specific experience and knowledge of issues related to poverty, unemployment, and homelessness. Awareness of community services, resources and systems, with proven ability to work with them. Assets include: experience in a non-profit organization, and experience with psychological aspects of care.
- Solid knowledge of case management practices that support successful client outcomes; knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulation for case management serving vulnerable adults and families.
- Exceptional coordination for working with multiple clients and agencies and adept at planning to ensure timely service to clients.
- Skilled in-group facilitation, developing training, and workshop delivery.
- Handling difficult situations, identifying issues and overcoming challenges by creative problem solving.
- Solid skills with MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and client management databases
- Seasoned interviewing, assessment and evaluation skills, with strengths for phrasing questions in a manner reflecting dignity, respect and compassion.
- Identify with the struggles a client has by modelling empathy, encouraging clients to open up and build trust.
- Advocate for clients to secure services to address the client’s best interests, and building sound relationships with stakeholders including multicultural and multi-faith.
- Strong professional competence: accountability, integrity, confidentiality, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Diplomacy, collaboration, people management, conflict resolution, active listening, non-violent communication, team-building; relating to others with compassion, patience, and empathy.
- Requires occasional work to be done outside of core hours.
- At times may come into contact with clients in crisis situations.
- A vulnerable sector criminal record check and a driver’s license with a clear record are required.