Guildford Employment Services Centre is dedicated to help job seekers find employment. We offer a wide range of services to help people achieve their employment goals. Our services are cost-free and tailored to Surrey residents who are unemployed.
The Employer Liaison/Job Coach supports WorkBC clients (Multi-barriered and Disabilities) in job search activities and generates job leads for sustainable employment, wage subsidy contracts, unpaid work experiences, community attachment, and on the job training/ coaching. Employer Liaison/Job Coach will collect and disseminate labour market information to staff, clients, employers and community partners. Employer Liaison/Job Coach will also organize and participate in hiring fairs, build program awareness in the community, host market booths, participate in community events and promote ministry initiatives to employers. This position will meet specific identified targets and outcomes, utilizing all three-service delivery channels – Outreach, Virtual and WorkBC Centres - while maintaining consistent records and tracking data.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Education, Training, and Experience
The candidate must have:
• Business Administration or Marketing Degree/Diploma or a combination of relevant training and experience.
• 1-2 years of job development/job placement experience with clients with broad range of cultural backgrounds and complex barriers to employment preferred.
• Background in Recruitment is an asset.
• Strong links to the business community with a knowledge of the local labour market.
• Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Comfortable working in a performance based work environment with strong emphasis on sustained employment outcomes.
• Ability to work with clients with multi barriers and disabilities utilizing a result-oriented focus combined with patience.
• Sound understanding of wage subsidy criteria and process for WorkBC and Opportunities Fund.
• Strong Computer, technical and Social Media skills
• Must be flexible, independent, self-motivated and have a mature disposition.
• Ability to write and format current industry standard resumes.
• Second language is an asset.
• Competent in relating to a diverse clientele, including people with disabilities, and sincere appreciation for a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Applicants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!