The Great Commission Foundation (GCF) gives you an opportunity to be involved in the most meaningful work there is – helping to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. GCF is a foundation registered with the Canada Revenue Agency for charitable purposes. Our charitable mandates include the advancement of the Christian faith, the advancement of education, and the relief of poverty. We work exclusively with Christian ministries and projects in a dynamic cooperative relationship. Ministries and projects engage in outreach activities and provide personnel on the mission field, while GCF provides the administrative foundation to operate with integrity and transparency, drawing on Scriptural standards of responsible stewardship and meeting government compliance requirements. At GCF we work to simplify and strengthen ministry and mission by providing donor, administrative and compliance expertise to ministry projects around the world.
We are looking for a Software Developer to provide software support to GCF and Friends of the Great Commission (FGC) staff and agents, as well as provide solutions for software inefficiencies. This person will provide oversight to specific growth areas identified at the Great Commission Foundation. The position involves being the top-level admin contact for GCF’s software suppliers. It also involves working closely with GCF & FGC Staff and Agents to provide services and solutions in a timely manner with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have experience in software development, troubleshooting and problem solving, and be able to identify and address system inefficiencies to provide excellent tools to GCF & FGC Staff and Agents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to GCF and FGC Staff and Agents to address the changing software needs and integration requirements resulting from increasingly diverse software use.
- Work closely with Staff and Agents to provide information about application functionality.
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving and quality product is essential.
- Improve existing software. Deliver quality software solutions according to a mutually agreed upon timeline.
- Test and deploy applications and systems.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Document troubleshooting options in software applications and hardware.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Develop and maintain reference guides and process documentation.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Provide technical support for applications.
- Seeks and partners with reliable external partners, vendors. Liaise with software vendors for ongoing support, updates, and development of specific applications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working well under pressure independently and in team settings.
- Trouble shooter and problem solver.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Decision making and judgement.
- Planning, organizing and task prioritizing.
- Result focused.
- Excellent process documentation.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer focus and relationship building.
- Post-secondary education in computer sciences or related field of study.
- Experience working with Blackbaud Software and support tools is an asset.
- Proven experience in software development or related field.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of LAN / WAN / WLAN troubleshooting and network protocols.
- Experience supporting business ERP systems and supporting applications.
- Proven experience understanding business processes and software requirement data gathering.
- Proven experience performing ERP system upgrades.
- Experience providing remote support over phone and email.