The Marketing Specialist participates in all marketing activities planned in the annual business plan as well as new opportunities that come up in the community and implements strategies to raise awareness of WorkBC Employment Services and Options Community Services (OCS) in the community. This includes promoting services to potential clients (i.e. increase client recruitment), cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with service and partner organizations, local employers, government agencies and other stakeholders, through coordinating marketing and promotional campaigns and initiatives (e.g. newspaper ads, posters, rack cards, promotional folders, and social media activities). In addition, this position maintains the program’s website.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates design and development of marketing and promotional materials; adheres to established branding standards for both WorkBC and OCS; stays current with WorkBC regulations and policies pertaining to marketing and communications (eg. Media relations protocols, event planning guidelines, etc.)
• Coordinates and conducts marketing and outreach activities for client recruitment to community agencies, organizations and local schools.
• Assists in research, planning and implementation of marketing strategies for all elements of WorkBC services to target diverse client groups and employers.
• Coordinate activities with OCS community profile team & maintains Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter accounts for the program; maintains strong social media presence.
• Participates in website design and content updates.
• Maintains familiarity with local employment/labour market trends as to how that information can guide client recruitment strategies.
• Tracks all marketing and community engagement activities and assists in completing quarterly marketing report with input from other team members involved.
• Helps organize, participate, generate and plan hiring fairs, festivals and other events with employers to build opportunities for networking, program awareness and/or job placements.
• Liaise / work cooperatively with other marketing representatives in the community.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A post-secondary diploma in communications and / or marketing plus work experience in a related field
• Or a combination of relevant training and 2 years of experience.
• High level computer skills – Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe design software; flair for media design
• Sales training is an asset
• Knowledge of WorkBC Employment Services is an asset.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated understanding of designing and developing effective marketing materials
• Strong ability to develop effective marketing strategies using print and web-based media, as well as face-to-face promotions
• Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and confidence in making promotional presentations to groups and individuals
• Flexible and committed to contributing to a team; demonstrates a ‘can-do’, ‘will do’ attitude.
• Must be independent, self-motivated and have a mature disposition
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
• Alert to the needs of a performance-based model
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, targets and goals
• Second language is an asset
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
• Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural and lifestyle diversity
• This position requires use of a personal vehicle for business purposes.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Applicants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!