Specific responsibilities include:
- Able to monitor the production area as per MOHLTC standard and do follow up with FSM
- Must be able to replace staff for all call-in shift when FSM/FSS is away using staffschedulecare.com
- Check menu and recipes then report any discrepancies
- Must have a full knowledge of and experience with the HACCP process
- Prepares regular and therapeutic diet of high quality according to standardized recipes and according to the needs of our Resident.
- Monitor meal service on each unit when needed supply the unit with missing items.
- Attend meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma from a recognized culinary arts program or Red Seal
- Must know the basic principles in portion control, therapeutic diet, and possess a good knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
- Must be able to work independently with no supervision.
- Requires the flu shot every fall as per HCH policy & procedure
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid Safe Food Handler’s certificate.