POSITION TITLE: Peer School Coordinator
JOB STATUS: 1.0 FTE – contract ending February 28, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: The Peer Support Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of CMHA Calgary’s annual School of Peer Support including the practicum field coordination.
REPORTS TO: Peer Support Training and Mentorship Lead
KEY CLIENT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Coordination of the School of Peer Support.
- Maintain a collaborative approach with the Peer Support Training and Mentorship Lead,
Content Designer/Developer, School of Peer Support Faculty, and Program Manager,
Education and Support Programs.
- The ability to maintain a positive presence in the day-to-day operations of the School of Peer Support.
- Document and database management related to students.
- Ongoing consultation, planning and organization with various internal CMHA Calgary
practicum sites and external community partners’ practicum sites.
- Schedule practicum information sessions on Zoom.
- Send out practicum information packages and agreement documents to practicum sites.
- Schedule check-in meetings with practicum sites.
- Provide support to the practicum supervisors and students.
- Effectively coordinate Zoom schedules, classroom booking, balance priorities, deadlines,
and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Promote the peer support philosophy and empower people through their recovery journey.
- Participate in coalition building and networking with community groups and individuals to
address common needs and issues and to further the peer support movement.
- Remain current with new policies, training, services, resources and legislation applicable to
the mental health community and peer movement.
- Promote the principles of diversity and equity in all work-related duties, wherever applicable.
- Identify and support quality improvement initiatives through data, observation, and feedback
received from staff and students.
- Adhere to the values and policies of CMHA Calgary region.
- To support the overall operations of CMHA Calgary’s School of Peer Support.
- Knowledge of local mental health and/or addiction systems and community services.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mental health setting.
- Strong project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- An aptitude to deal sensitively and effectively with a wide range of students, staff and community partners.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written and computer-based communication styles.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with people.
- Ability to design and implement processes.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple project and priorities.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and the use of the internet.
- Ability to contribute positively to their environment/culture.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Determined, action oriented, and committed to excellence.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-awareness and self-management.
- Flexible and adaptable.