Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre is a multi-service organization that provides a wide variety of health and community programs and services for a diverse community. We are seeking a Senior Accountant to analyze and review financial data to ensure the integrity of the general ledger, including balance sheet accounts, month-end/year-end audits. The incumbent continuously reviews existing processes and procedures to identify and recommend areas of improvement.
- Financial Analysis and Budget Preparation
- Analyze various financial reports and provide summary to the Director, Finance and Operations
- Analyze and prepare journal entries, deferral and prepaid entries and funding reports.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Prepare financial reports for the Board and funders
- Prepare monthly and yearly budget projects including salary and benefit expenses
- Create budget templates for different funders and track allocations
- Provide guidance to department heads concerning accounting practices and procedures
- General Ledger
- Maintain, update and reconcile G/L
- Update and create new G/L accounts and inform staff of changes
- Ensure software updates are installed and operating correctly
- Payroll and Timesheet Control
- Provide functional guidance and or direction to the Bookkeeper
- Review payroll and A/P information provided by bookkeeper to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Review all invoices and reimbursement forms
- Prepare Balance Sheet for Director’s approval
- Maintain Grant Allocation file
- Monitor petty cash fund and reconcile with G/L
- Donation Administration
- 3-year diploma/degree in Accounting, Business Administration (focus on accounting)
- Completion or working towards completion of CPA program an asset
- 3-4 years practical experience in financial analysis and working paper preparation preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Prior experience working at a senior accounting position using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in the use of computers and various software applications, including SAGE 300 (ACCPAC) GL/AP/PR/AR, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc)
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental and cultural issues
- Self-directed and independent but also proven experience in working effectively as an inter-disciplinary team member and in collaboration with others
- Strong Skills to set priorities in a fast pace environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Salary range: $47,668-$56,065 per annum; plus extended health benefits package and HOOPP Pension Plan. This position is not part of the bargaining unit.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates, whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class and gender /sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation or any other special needs will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you require any accommodation, please advise Human Resources. As a condition of employment, all prospective employees will be required to undertake a Vulnerable Sector Screening with Police Services. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. The agency is a perfume free environment.