COSTI REQUIRES A YOUTH GROUP WORKER FOR ITS YOUTH SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This program is specifically for new immigrant youth between the ages of 13 and 24. The program will provide youth with assistance in the areas of settlement, education, leadership development, civic engagement, recreation and employment
This is a part time Union position scheduled to work 21 hours per week**
- Recruit youth to participate in programming activities.
- Organize group activities both online and in person for youth, such as youth leadership and civic engagement activities, intergenerational activities, homework clubs, cultural celebrations, recreational activities and orientation/information sessions.
- Provide information and referral to educational institutions, recreational programs, youth specific services, community Centres, volunteer programs and employment opportunities.
- Liaise with community agencies in the areas where Newcomer youth are living to bridge services to the needs of this population.
- Provide individual counseling based on the needs of the youth (life skills, crisis intervention, and telephone support).
- Evaluate the program on an on-going basis and recommend service delivery changes based on the evaluation.
- Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum One (1) year of experience providing community development services including settlement, employment, recreational and case management to youth at risk.
- Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom, Goto Meeting, HighFive and other social media applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specific issues facing immigrants and refugee youth.
- Knowledge of the educational system, recreational programs and youth-related services.
- Must be able to speak Arabic.
- Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months.
- Access to a car would be an asset.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 of the collective agreement.