Burnaby Neighbourhood House is currently seeking a professional with experience working with seniors to join our team as the coordinator of the Therapeutic Activation Program for Seniors’ (TAPS). The Coordinator will oversee programs for frail seniors, including outreach, activity groups and essential services during the pandemic
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- To create programs and services that welcome seniors of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- To build close working relationships with senior serving organizations, health and city departments, multicultural organizations, and other existing community programs to generate appropriate referrals from a range of sources to the TAPS program.
- To conduct intake interviews and assessment processes to ascertain the needs of the senior client and make referrals to appropriate internal and community resources.
- To recruit, train, and support volunteers in leadership roles in the implementation of the TAPS program.
- To develop and implement a therapeutic day program for frail seniors. (when health orders allow)
- To oversee the evaluation and reporting process. Involves gathering statistical information on contacts made and preparing progress reports on a monthly and annual basis.
- To oversee case files of senior participants and liaise with support networks.
- To work as part of the BNH staff team and encourage the involvement of seniors in the community.
- To attend meetings that relate to seniors issues as necessary
- To supervise staff and provide leadership to team planning and meetings
- To oversee the administration of program revenues and expenditures.
- Degree or diploma in a seniors’ related field plus training and/or experience in program development, coordination and evaluation, or equivalent education and training.
- Strong skills and experience in working with seniors and volunteers.
- Past experience supervising staff and leading a team.
- Excellent communication, writing, planning and problem solving abilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations and with a broad range of community and public partners.
- Passion for supporting seniors to overcome social isolation and encourage the building of their strengths and active participation in the community.
- Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in the workplace
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Current Emergency first-aid certification or willingness to obtain
Therapeutic Activation Program for Seniors Coordinator reports to the Program Director.
Hours & Pay rate:
35 hours per week
Rate of pay between $22.00 - $23.34 (dependent on experience) plus benefits