Online Event & Tech Support Contractor
3 Month Contract (potential for extension)
Who we are
For 20 years, FamilySmart has been working in B.C. to enhance the quality and experiences of services, support and information families receive when seeking help for their child, youth or young adult with mental health challenges.
Bringing people together to connect and learn is a big part of our work. Making sure that people have good, quality experiences when they connect with us and one another is a priority. From registration, to attending an online event or workshop, to completing a feedback form, we want all of these moments of connecting with FamilySmart to be supportive and as seamless as possible for participants. We are looking for an Online Event & Tech Support Person to help us make it easy for young people, families and service providers to join us online. We need a person who has excellent computer skills, loves details, is super organized, has access to stable home internet connection and enjoys a dynamic and collaborative virtual work environment.
What You'll Do
- Join all online events and moderate for technical support using Zoom
- Respect and maintain confidentiality as a listener at our online events
- Oversee online event schedule and calendar on Zoom and G-Suite
- Generate promotional materials from templated resources for online events
- Track and monitor attendance for online events
- Format and maintain communication templates for events
- Coordinate web content to ensure it is up to date with event details, as they become available
- Assist the Health Literacy Manager to create and maintain project document to review and monitor activity progress on logistics for all online events programming
Things we’ll love about you: Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficient in using Zoom and G-Suite applications
- Organized, disciplined and can work in a fast-paced, virtual team setting
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Projects a professional image of the organization in keeping with FamilySmart’s brand promise
- Maintains a courteous and friendly relationship with managers, colleagues, partners and those we serve
- Demonstrates an ability and willingness to communicate and interact well with others within and external to the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Proven experience in event coordination and planning/execution of virtual and ‘live’ events
- Technical expertise and of virtual events
- Genuine respect and passion for helping families gain understanding and capacity to help things go better for them and their child/youth/young adult with mental health &/or substance us challenge
- Warm, approachable and exhibits enthusiasm for the quality experience for those we serve
- Understanding of common web-based platforms and insight into how they can be applied to online events to create an efficient and quality experience
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector
- A value for collaboration and enjoyment of a dynamic work environment.
- Can work daytime and evenings from a home office
- Successful candidates must pass a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector search
- Have a dedicated broadband wired internet connection and use of a home computer with the following requirements:
- Computer system & other requirements:
- macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later (ability to run Zoom client 5.1.1 or higher); or
- Windows 10 (must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported); or Windows 8 or 8.1
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in, USB plug-in, or an HD cam or HD camcorder with a video-capture card.
- Operates one of the following browsers:
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- macOS: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Processor and RAM requirements:
- Minimum Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent), Quad-core preferred.
- RAM 4 Gb
- Term: 3-month term with possibility for extension
- Rate: $21/hour
- Hours: Part-time term contract for 65 hours per month
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FamilySmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family status, marital status, physical or mental disability, place of origin, political belief, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and criminal conviction unrelated to employment.