Permanent, 28-30 hours/week
Are you interested in working in a thriving and inclusive environment? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Are you someone with a strong attention to detail and excels at organization? Chances are you have been a key contributor in your current role and are now looking for a new challenge.
This is an opportunity for you!
Who We Are
Caledon Parent-Child Centre (CPCC) is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides high quality programs for children, parents and caregivers in Caledon and the surrounding areas? The Centre is a hub, offering an important blend of services that strengthen families and assist them in the critical role of raising young children. Services include child development opportunities, early identification of developmental concerns, referrals to specialized services and supports, and parenting education.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you are the central administrative contact, responsible for completing business administrative duties to ensure day-to-day operations of all sites run smoothly. You are the central contact for all staff, board members, volunteers and clients, and order all supplies for our centres while providing financial administration assistance such as purchasing and back up for payroll.
Areas of Responsibility
In this growing organization, you will perform the following tasks:
- Operational Administration
- Provide office administration and general support including telephones, office supplies and equipment, incoming and outgoing mail/deliveries, filing internal forms
- Responsible for all purchasing – issuing, coding and authorizing purchase orders
- Oversee property management services, including managing contracts with external service providers, facility security, upgrades and special projects, manage building maintenance and procurement of janitorial supplies in alignment with budget
- Participate in developing and updating CPCC policies and procedures and communicating these updates to team
- Health & Safety
- You will be a management representative on the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC)
- Keep current staff safety training log & maintain staff CPR-C certifications
- Overseeing and coordinating safety inspections, providing forms, and implementing outcomes for all sites
- Assist Program Manager with management of emergency and business continuity plans
- Financial Administration Assistance
- Biweekly assistance to Finance Manager with payroll functions
- Assist in preparing, recording, and reconciling account payables, account receivables according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist with government reporting and annual audit
- Reconcile and administer petty cash
- IT support
- Monitor CPCC IT systems (including VOIP, internet and phone services) and work with external IT service providers
- Act as central staff person for troubleshooting and coordinating CPCC IT issues including maintaining IT log and coordinating external service providers.
- Develop and monitor annual IT workplan and associated budget.
- Conduct regular IT related risk assessments and manage the disaster recovery and business continuity plan
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study (e.g. office administration, business administration, accounting, not-for-profit management, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in a senior position
- Charitable sector experience an asset
- Superior organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks an asset
- Fundamental understanding of IT systems and networks
- Ability to present IT related information in user-friendly manner.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, good judgment and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and material
- Monday to Friday schedule with some flex scheduling and evening work required during key reporting cycles.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Emergency First Aid/CPR B or C
For this role you will be compensated in accordance with salaries in other non-profit organizations.
The Caledon Parent-Child Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals for positions posted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, The Caledon Parent-Child Centre is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please advise if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.