Prince George Family Y
Pandemic work from home
What you will gain
Annual Salary of
$45 000 - $50 000
Starting 4 weeks annual vacation
Paid sick days
Full benefits package
Annual YMCA Pension contribution of 5%
Discount of YMCA Child Care and Camps
Marketing & Technology Coordinator
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living, fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children, families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth and create social change through child care services, camp programs, community health services, employment services, recreation, and health and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive team in an environment of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. Our Association Services team supports our wide variety of programs and services through administration, finance, human resources, information technology, philanthropy, and marketing and communications.
What you will bring
Our experienced team members are passionate about supporting and growing the mission and goals of the YMCA throughout northern BC. They believe in putting people first with YMCA 5 Star Service and lead by example through teamwork, innovation, enthusiasm, and meaningful relationships.
Responsibilities and abilities
The Marketing and Technology Coordinator is part of the Philanthropy and Communications team and reports directly to the Director of Philanthropic Development and Communications.
The ideal candidate is a strong problem solver, flexible, creative, with a vast attention to detail and commitment to both quality and service. They will have experience working with a variety of technology and in marketing, communications, and graphic design to include: all social media platforms, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), video editing, and WordPress. This person is a strong team player with innovation and enthusiasm to drive YMCA growth through philanthropy, technology, and participation.
- Meet marketing needs for all departments across the Association including, but not limited to: external print and digital ads, brochures, schedules, posters.
- A strong ability to create and write meaningful ads within YMCA Brand Guidelines.
- Create engaging content and manage multiple social media pages and platforms.
- Monitor and respond to social media inquiries during out-of-office hours.
- Manage and coordinate information technology needs for the Association, provide hands-on support and trouble shooting where necessary - Experience in IT an asset or willingness to learn required.
- Create, record, and edit video and photography campaigns that are inline with YMCA brand.
- Able to produce high-quality work and maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-demand environment – a strong ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional computer skills in all Office programs, Office 365, and Adobe Suite.
- Experience working with strict brand guidelines - experience working with the YMCA Brand is an asset.
- Self motivated, flexible, team oriented and able to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly through a variety of methods.
- Provide coverage to other team members when required.
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design, English, Communications, or Journalism (others or a combination or education and experience may be considered).
- Minimum of two years experience working in graphic design or marketing.
- Class 5 BC Drivers license with use of own vehicle.
- Physical ability to do the duties required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Three satisfactory professional references.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
- Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision.
Please apply with cover letter, resume, and application (found at nbc.ymca.ca) to: