Are you resourceful, empathetic and have an interest in connecting individuals with resources to achieve what their optimal wellness can look like? Do you enjoy working with people of diverse backgrounds and engaging them through public speaking opportunities?
e4c is hiring a Peer Navigator that is part of a recovery college collaboration of community partners who support individuals and families struggling with addictions and/or mental health concerns. As a Peer Navigator, you will build a welcoming environment when meeting community members to assess their needs and interests according to their own wellness dimensions. You will promote the Wellness Network and its initiatives through presentations, workshops and distributions across community locations.
Temporary 1 Year Position: Part-time during weekdays for 15 hours per week; additional hours and work on evenings/weekends may be required. Position will be performed primarily remotely but may require occasional in-office work.
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals and families to identify individualized wellness initiatives and learning opportunities for their lifestyles.
- Flexible part-time schedule during weekdays for better work life balance.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your personal and professional growth.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, partners, general public and community members to build positive community connections.
In Your Role You Will
- Discuss wellness domains with community members to determine areas of supports.
- Perform outreach visits at various community locations including partner agencies, hospitals, waiting rooms and wellness centers.
- Deliver presentations and workshops about the Wellness Network to community organizations.
- Prepare and distribute promotional information about Wellness Network activities.
- Respond to email, telephone and other inquiries from the general public, community partners and program providers.
- Create and implement procedures for tracking visitor information, work schedules, program evaluations and related reporting.
- Report quarterly statistics on inquiries, visits, participant narratives and other resources.
- Create and update outreach packages, resource binders, meeting minutes and files.
- Provide content and assist visitors in navigating the Wellness Network website and social media platforms.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, psychology and/or a related discipline is an asset.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Standard First Aid and CPR.
- Mental Health First Aid.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle is required.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, recovery and/or poverty is an asset.
- 1+ year of direct experience working with marginalized, high risk and vulnerable populations.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Experience working with diverse populations including volunteers, general public, stakeholders, and community agencies.
- Knowledge of community resources related to physical health, mental health, addictions, child and family supports, legal supports, and cultural supports.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel Word, database applications and computer operations.