Do you identify as a leader who is passionate about social justice, social change, innovation and collaborative work? Are you seeking a leadership opportunity that is focused on building relationships through non-judgmental, harm-reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, strength-based and solution focused practices? If you self-identify as driven, a team player and a wellness champion – the Wellness Manager could be the next leadership step in your career!
You will support residents who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions need enhanced levels of housing support. Through a model of wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports – you will ensure that the program and its day-to-day operations meet both residents’ needs and agency/funder requirements. You will draw inspiration from the recovery motto of ‘one day at a time’ and model personal wellness, self-care, and recovery based upon self-identified goals of the residents!
Hours: Saturday and Sunday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
(Due to AHS recommendations, applicants who are working at multiple congregate living or healthcare sites may not be considered.)
Why Join Our Team
- Empower residents to explore their own personal wellness interests and goals.
- Part-time position includes: sick days, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- Be supervised and mentored by a team of diverse individuals through observation, formal and informal coaching sessions and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model daytime wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Foster a fun, engaging and non-judgmental environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Build community within the house in collaboration with the Wellness Manager and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to develop community relations.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Facilitate positive relationship building with neighbors and community members.
- Administers medication for all residents.
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Required Certification (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Participation in AHS Personal Protective Equipment and You E-Learning Course must be completed prior to employment.
- One year of related direct service work/lived experience
- Proven ability to foster a team environment
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.