The College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is the professional and regulatory body for more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners throughout Alberta. We’re mandated to define and uphold the standards of safe and ethical nursing practice as legislated under the Health Professions Act. We play an essential role in shaping the framework for professional nurse regulation and excellence in practice for the health of all Albertans. Our core values are integrity, respect, accountability and professionalism.
Contributing to people, culture and innovation within the Registration Services area, we are seeking an experienced administrative professional to support the registration team.
This is a temporary one-year role to commence April 2021 through to April 2022.
Your primary responsibilities
- Develop, distribute and manage department documents and correspondence
- Manage multiple calendars, scheduling appointments, anticipating needs and rescheduling meetings as appropriate
- Provide administrative support to managers, team members and department working groups
- Review correspondence for quality, consistency and adherence to visual identity guidelines
- Assist with meeting preparation and follow up, including distribution of agendas and recording minutes
- Engage in quality and process improvement activities for the department
- Assist with development and application of databases and spreadsheets
- May be required to provide administrative assistance to the Chief Registration Officer and Deputy Registrar in the absence of the Assistant to the Chief Registration Officer and Deputy Registrar or during periods of increased workloads
- Minimum two-year post secondary diploma in business, office administration or equivalent is required
- Four years’ experience in an administrative capacity, providing direct support to teams and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, business writing, editing, proofreading and formatting skills, including familiarity with APA citation and publication style
- Knowledge of process improvement and project management practices and organizational change management
- Innovative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate and resolve matters under difficult or stressful circumstances to maintain healthy work relationships in person as well as with virtual teams
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage competing timelines
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications is required