Competition No: 2021-02
Posting Date: February 18, 2021
Closing Date: March 12, 2021
Do you want a chance to make a real difference and believe that everyone should have a safe, affordable, and sustainable home? Do you believe in inclusivity, collaboration, customer service, and teamwork? A challenging, full-time position is available with London & Middlesex Community Housing as the Director of Property Services & Asset Management.
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is the largest provider of rent-geared-to-income housing within the City of London and Middlesex County. On behalf of the City of London, LMCH manages 3,282 public housing units. LMCH provides quality, affordable, and sustainable housing accessible to those who are in need.
LMCH is seeking a Director of Property Services & Asset Management to oversee the development and implementation of an asset management plan for all LMCH owned and operated sites. You combine excellent communication and people skills, with advanced technical expertise and experience to lead and inspire teams in achieving the long-term vision and strategic goals for the organization.
Reporting to LMCH’s Chief Executive Officer and as a member of LMCH’s Senior Leadership team, primary responsibilities of this role include:
Property Management, Maintenance, and Tenant Service Program Oversight:
- Provides executive management oversight to all capital assets, ensuring that LMCH’s properties are maintained to an acceptable standard and in accordance with all laws and regulations through proper cleaning, repairs, preventative maintenance, and restoration work.
- Oversees all property management and property maintenance procurement processes including tendering for capital repairs.
- Leads process-mapping initiatives, monitors processes for efficiency and value, and engages in process reengineering on an ongoing basis.
- Creates appropriate Asset and Property Services policies and procedures and ensures departmental-wide adherence.
- Applies creative solutions to deal with physical asset challenges and restoration or rental challenges that impact the organization.
Financial Analysis, Asset Management Plan, and Capital Needs Assessment:
- Performs analyses and monitors key financial and performance indicators making appropriate corrective actions to ensure strategic goals, objectives, and benchmarks are achieved.
- Responsible for the development, ongoing monitoring, and updating of LMCH’s Asset Management Plan (AMP), related systems, and capital work programs including collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop a Regeneration Plan and oversee related activities for building sites and other development opportunities.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensures compliance with all related legislation and regulatory agency or funder reporting requirements.
- Prepares statistics on vacancy management and capital spending and/or other demographics as prescribed in the LMCH Evaluation Framework, or as periodically required by the CEO.
- Ensures all capital budget allotments are spent in accordance with a pre-approved capital plan.
- Appropriately allocates funds and resources to ensure all LMCH properties are maintained to an acceptable standard in accordance with all laws and regulations.
- Builds and manages a high-performance team that is engaged in the corporate mission and vision by performing management responsibilities including, but not limited to, hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management, and staff productivity.
- Plans and organizes staff and oversees the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Attends Board, Board sub-committee, and other committee meetings (internal and external) as required.
Behavioural Competencies being sought include:
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance and pursues aggressive goals and strives for results and success.
Customer Service: Identifies, understands, monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind.
Effective Communication: Conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work.
Job Skills and Qualifications being sought include:
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts and theories of property management and technical supports acquired through the completion of a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Building Sciences, or Business, or equivalency in a related field;
- Over ten (10) years of experience directly related to property management and development at a senior management level;
- Strong understanding of the legislation and regulations affecting property and asset management in the social housing sector along with the financial mechanisms available to develop affordable housing;
- Advanced technical knowledge of building science including mechanical systems and life-safety systems, preventative maintenance, construction, capital planning, condition assessment, risk mitigation, procedures, practices, and reporting;
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a multicultural, unionized environment working with a diverse client/tenant group;
- Advanced ability to research, analyze complex concepts, and think strategically demonstrated through outstanding verbal and written communication of comprehensive plans, proposals, and presentations;
- Proficiency in current computer applications required (e.g. Windows XP Professional, Property Management software, e-mail and the Internet);
- Cross-functional team player and collaborator with excellent leadership, influencing, and relationship building skills;
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required. Must have access to a vehicle for daily use. Travel is required within the City of London and County of Middlesex.
The successful incumbent will be required to submit a current and acceptable Police Records Check and Vulnerable Position Screening from their local police service.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
While we appreciate all expressions of interest in positions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in London & Middlesex Community Housing!