As a neighbourhood-based organization, our purpose is to strengthen the health and vitality of community by:
• identifying and responding to community needs,
• collaborating to enhance the lives of those we serve,
• cultivating effective, sustainable partnerships.
We are currently looking for self-directed, engaging, empathetic Full Time Residential Child and Youth Workers to join our growing team. Reporting to the Senior Residence Worker, the Residential Child and Youth Worker will provide support to youth through care plans that develop social and life skills while living in a collaborative team environment. The program, located in Langley, is a 24-hour emergency receiving home for youth between the ages of 12 to 19 who are in need of short-term stabilization.
Residential Child and Youth Workers work with some of the most vulnerable and complex youth in the care of, or on a Youth Agreement with the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience in meeting youth where they’re at, recognition of the ongoing influence of trauma and disconnection on the youth served and building on youth’s strengths and passions to create meaning. Delivery of these services must be provided with an understanding of the ongoing effects of trauma, isolation and vulnerability.
JOB POSTING # 2021-0300 RCYW
DATE: February 22, 2021
POSITION: Permanent - Full Time (Non-bargaining unit position)
HOURS OF WORK: 4-day rotating schedule – Evenings 3:00pm to 11:00pm
SALARY RANGE: Grid 11, Step 2 - $22.99 - $25.53 per hour
BENEFITS: Full Benefits – Extended Health, Dental, RRSP
VACATION: as per ESS policy
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
CLOSING: March 04, 2021
• Participates in the assessment, goal setting and progress evaluation of children/youth.
• Teaches children/youth to relate in a socially appropriate manner through the use of daily routines and activities.
• Monitors clients in a residential setting and ensure their safety and well-being.
• Provides behaviour management counselling to clients on a one-one and/or group basis by performing duties such as providing feedback on clients’ behavior, teaching coping techniques and adaptive behavior and providing guidance and support.
• Recognizes and deals with potential emergency situations such as client’s aggressive behavior to ensure no harm comes to the clients and/or the public. Reports problems to the Program Coordinator.
• Ensures communication and liaison between group home, school, family and the community.
• Ensure that clients’ physical needs are met by performing duties such as assisting with basic personal hygiene, preparing meals, and administering medication as required in accordance with established guidelines, procedures and instructions.
• Carries out household duties such as meal preparation and household cleaning.
We are interested in candidates with the following Qualifications
1. Education and Knowledge
• Diploma in a related human/social service Field
• Current knowledge of issues and resources related to vulnerable youth
2. Training and Experience
• Two (2) years recent related youth experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
3. Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective problem-solving, conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
• Ability to be flexible, resourceful and possess good time management skills.
• Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, including lifting, and bending.
4. Other Information
• Must possess a valid BC Class 5 Drivers’ License and have a reliable vehicle (mileage paid for work use)
• Mandatory Criminal Record check
• Prior Contact/Child Welfare Check
• First Aid certification
• Primary source credential verification
• Driver’s Abstract review
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!