Coordinator, Programs and Partnerships
Central Support Team
Full Time, 1 Year with possibility of extension – location in Canada flexible, with preference given to candidates able to work during Pacific Time Zone business hours
Anticipated Start Date May 17, 2021
Are you a highly organized systems-thinker who is looking to put your skills towards fulfilling work in the non-profit sector? Are you a community inspired individual with a strong focus on providing excellent service?
MakeWay is looking for a resourceful and detail-oriented Coordinator with great communication skills to support delivery of fundraising and grant administration functions. This role will combine administrative and data entry tasks requiring a high degree of accuracy with process improvement and data analysis tasks requiring big picture thinking. Working primarily in Salesforce, you will play a bridging role between fundraising, communications, grant making, financial, and IT departments. We are seeking someone comfortable working alone or in teams, who never lets their standards drop, and speaks up when they see a better way of doing things. The ideal candidate is personable, able to build relationships easily, and is effective at bringing people together to accomplish tasks.
The Coordinator, Programs and Partnerships reports to the Senior Manager, Program Operations and Compliance and is an integral member of the Central Support Team, working collaboratively to move forward organizational process improvement priorities.
MakeWay is a leading national charity that enables community-led transformation for a healthy environment, social equity, and economic prosperity for all Canadians. Working for the MakeWay community would provide you with the satisfaction of knowing that everything you do is a part of the important work MakeWay does in providing uncommon solutions for the common good. If our values align with yours and you want to learn, grow, and develop within a supportive team that shares knowledge and cares, then we want to hear from you! Join us and make a difference.
The Central Support Team are proud to be:
- Proactive, resourceful problem solvers. When we see something that needs to be fixed, we jump right in and figure it out.
- Highly organized, with great time management and prioritization. Whether it’s planning a month in advance, or adjusting to day-of changes, we make sure the important stuff gets done, well and on time
- Tech-literate quick learners. When the organization introduces a new system, we are the early adopters, the testers, and the super users.
- Logical, systems thinkers committed to continual improvements. We don’t just work on individual tasks; we see the big picture and strive to optimize processes to deliver even greater impact and efficiency.
- Part of an organization that lives its values of social and environmental justice.
What You’ll Do:
- Data management in our Salesforce CRM, including:
- Creating and maintaining a variety of records
- Maintaining a library of on-demand and recurring reports
- Quality assurance and data clean up, including mass updates
- Designing new reports and data visualizations to answer emerging management questions
- Work with Communications and Finance to set up donation campaigns in accordance with revenue tracking processes and support results analysis
- Representing fundraising and communications perspectives in process improvement, standardization, and documentation efforts
- Utilize Power BI to visualize Salesforce data and support revenue forecasting
- Submit and coordinate request for new systems configuration on behalf of the Partnership Development and Communications teams
- Grants administration for select departments, including coordinating proposal submissions, processing funding agreements, tracking deadlines, and coding related revenue
- Manage digital record keeping in accordance with established naming, approval, and filing conventions
- General administrative support, ranging from acquiring insurance certificates, to scheduling Zoom meetings, to administering a survey
- Provide out-of-office coverage for multiple members of the CST team
Who You Are:
- An independent self-starter – you take initiative, manage your workload, and utilize all the resources at your disposal.
- A reliable team member – your team can count on you to be organized and on top of the details. Even when things get difficult, you preserve and follow-up until the work is done.
- A detail-oriented individual – you excel at tasks that require a high level of precision and you address errors and inconsistencies.
- A great communicator – in written communication, you provide clear and actionable information. You also anticipate questions and make sure people have the information they need to make decisions.
- A proactive go-getter – you bring ideas for improvements and provide complete follow through to make them happen.
Experience You Bring:
- Alignment with the goals and values of MakeWay
- Experience working with large CRMs, such as Salesforce, Raisers Edge, Nation Builder, etc. including data entry and queries
- Two or more years of related work experience in one or more of the following areas: grant administration, fundraising, data entry, and document management
- Experience working in a high-volume, deadline-oriented position
- Excellent written and spoken business English
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Outlook and Excel proficiency
- Financial and numeric literacy
It Would be a Bonus if You Have:
- Prior experience or training in Salesforce, particularly Non-profit Starter Pack
- Experience operating in a regulated sector, such as Canada’s charitable sector
- Prior experience with Box, Power BI, or Smartsheet
- Non-profit experience valued
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on community initiatives across the country
- Salary of $43,452 -$49,164 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package, including generous RRSP contribution
- Three weeks of vacation, plus summer flex hours
- Flexible work environment, including ability to work from home,
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
- (When public health guidelines permit) Our offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Yellowknife, and Winnipeg provide fun and collaborative work environments
How to Apply:
In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay Central Support team. This position will stay open until filled.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace community and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the selection process, please contact us.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please!